mileshiclub

Female Astroneer

I think a few female avatar choices is essential for expanding the player base. I really enjoy the 4 flagship Astroneers, the orange one is my favorite because it's baggy style but the ladies need the options more than me.

I just assumed they were whatever people wanted them to be under the space suits. Do you think they just need chest bumps on their space suits or something?

Edited by Mittythekitty

Just now, Mittythekitty said:

I just assumed they were whatever people wanted them to be under the costumes. Do you think they just need chest bumps on their space suits or something?

lol no, I think they need to design female avatars from the ground up that would incorporate other colors and some accessories. i noticed no one else has asked so i thought it'd be fun to get the conversation going

Personally, I had thought of #2 and #4 as female from the start, just, assuming based on body type.  Do the devs have any identities for these characters posted somewhere?  Do we as the community need to start naming them?  I mean, we do need a better way of talking about them than just the order that appear in the menu.

2 hours ago, mileshiclub said:

I think a few female avatar choices is essential for expanding the player base. I really enjoy the 4 flagship Astroneers, the orange one is my favorite because it's baggy style but the ladies need the options more than me.

I'd also really like at least one feminine-looking astroneer

14 minutes ago, Slywyn said:

I'd also really like at least one feminine-looking astroneer

if you had to pick one color, which would you choose?

Just now, mileshiclub said:

if you had to pick one color, which would you choose?

Even though it wouldn't fit the game's aesthetic at all, I'd pick purple. Just because I like the color purple. Maybe we'll get astroneer customization in the future and I can live my dreams of being fabulous among the stars.

(Also a nice blue would be cool)

7 minutes ago, Slywyn said:

Even though it wouldn't fit the game's aesthetic at all, I'd pick purple. Just because I like the color purple. Maybe we'll get astroneer customization in the future and I can live my dreams of being fabulous among the stars.

(Also a nice blue would be cool)

funny you should say purple cause i found this screenshot on the main website but i think this proves this isn't quite enough.

astroneer_ss02_thumb_square.png

20 minutes ago, Slywyn said:

maybe coming soon customization options?

I would like an astroneer with more curve in the torso and a more feminin run animation and emote animations. Some emotes with attitude. 

3 hours ago, mileshiclub said:

I would like an astroneer with more curve in the torso and a more feminin run animation and emote animations. Some emotes with attitude. 

I second that motion! :)

7 hours ago, Mittythekitty said:

I just assumed they were whatever people wanted them to be under the space suits. Do you think they just need chest bumps on their space suits or something?

I'd like one with chest bumps and female contours. Does not need to be gratuitous or what everyone thinks is 'ideal' (modders will take care of that). Just something simple and obvious. Colors won't cut it.

I'm actually surprised they did not include one.

Spacesuits are designed to be unisex, suit that is supposed to protect you from enviroment and suffocating is most likely to be designed to be up for its task, not to look femine / masculine. 

But color customization would be welcomed addition

ISS shuttle.png

Edited by Brickfest

That might be the case for those thick, chunky and old ones you still need to use to float in space, but the future of space suits is them becoming thinner to allow maximum agility when walking on a planet or hazardous environment.

6f77de02739840a28266493d4c9f37d1.jpg

jbiosuit.jpeg

Brickfest is right. You don't know whether they're male or female underneath (not that it matters), you can imagine them as whatever you like. So far they're unisex, if you add some female-specific model then you'll turn it into "there's 4 men and 1 woman", is that what you want where you're coming from?. And what's essential for expanding the player base is improving the gameplay further, not adding a redundant fifth model into the game at this early stage.

Just now, Eirikr said:

Brickfest is right. You don't know whether they're male or female underneath (not that it matters), you can imagine them as whatever you like. So far they're unisex, if you add some female-specific model then you'll turn it into "there's 4 men and 1 woman", is that what you want where you're coming from?. And what's essential for expanding the player base is improving the gameplay further, not adding a redundant fifth model into the game at this early stage.

I believe this forum is about requests and ideas, so let people write out their ideas, whether they are read and implemented at  some point or not :P

I believe they are unisex as this is a family friendly game. And why do we need to assign a gender to an 'astronaut'? We can't even see faces in the visors.

But on that note in regards to an aesthetic that would appeal to a larger base. I think a customization option of the Astroneer character would suffice. 

Edited by Secret Squirrel

4 minutes ago, Wildkatze said:

I believe this forum is about requests and ideas, so let people write out their ideas, whether they are read and implemented at  some point or not :P

I'm not censoring him by giving my own opinion, this forum is for posting suggestions AND discussing said suggestions.

Edited by Eirikr

14 minutes ago, Wildkatze said:

That might be the case for those thick, chunky and old ones you still need to use to float in space, but the future of space suits is them becoming thinner to allow maximum agility when walking on a planet or hazardous environment.

I agree on the becoming thinner trend. At some point spacesuits might look like that in the future, however you have to take current game design into consideration. Take look at the concept art / screenshots. Those spacesuits look pretty thick and chunky to me...and well unisex. Putting female in slim fitting futuristic suit would be like a punch to the eye.

The spacesuits are posted are intended for space walks, but i liked them because they show both male and female astronaut in one picture. Perhaps take look at The Martian movie crew for better looking / more realistic planetwalk space suits. My argument still stands

Výstřižek.PNG

Beth_1-0.jpg

The-Martian-Mission-guide-7.jpg

34 minutes ago, Wildkatze said:

31 minutes ago, Eirikr said:

I'm not censoring him by giving my own opinion, this forum is for posting suggestions AND discussing said suggestions.

Correct. It is perfectly fine to contribute your part as long as you are not actively trying to "suffocate" the suggestion. Also please do not try to argue about such things in public. Use the report button to make us notice things that disrupt the order of the forums. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

Correct. It is perfectly fine to contribute your part as long as you are not actively trying to "suffocate" the suggestion. Also please do not try to argue about such things in public. Use the report button to make us notice things that disrupt the order of the forums. Thanks.

Are you suggesting I'm trying to suffocate anything, or are you speaking in general terms? And what exactly are "such things"?

back at it again, here goes the ''did you just assume my gender''. Look spacesuit are unisex, you can't see wether its a boy or a girl + ''breast'' under the suit doesnt appear tbh. Next thing, dev talked about suit customization during their last stream which will probably include, color the suits and customize the helmet and stuff. The Astronners are what ever you think they are, they can even be ''apache Helis''

9 minutes ago, Eirikr said:

Are you suggesting I'm trying to suffocate anything, or are you speaking in general terms? And what exactly are "such things"?

General terms of course.
And "such things" refers to matters that (may) require the attention of us moderators.

Back to topic now. Please send payno or me a PM if something troubles you. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Sumatra said:

back at it again, here goes the ''did you just assume my gender''. Look spacesuit are unisex, you can't see wether its a boy or a girl + ''breast'' under the suit doesnt appear tbh. Next thing, dev talked about suit customization during their last stream which will probably include, color the suits and customize the helmet and stuff. The Astronners are what ever you think they are, they can even be ''apache Helis''

Don't judge the identification of a "Apache Attack Helicopter", sorry that reference made me giggle.  But to your point, I concur and posted a similar response. 

1 minute ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Don't judge the identification of a "Apache Attack Helicopter", sorry that reference made me giggle.  But to your point, I concur and posted a similar response. 

the ''apache Attack Helicopter'' remark was to make people giggle, i don't want to offend anyone but i think it's simply common sense. People often write stuff on forums and don't really research about it.