SES_Adam

ROAD MAP - Mega Thread

I really like this game but when I progress more in the game it gets really laggy to the point where its unplayable (I play on xbox) I try to play even with the lag but I cant. when you guys optimize the game on xbox to where it runs better everyone who plays on xbox will have more fun

On 12/31/2016 at 1:04 AM, jrobix08 said:

I really like this game but when I progress more in the game it gets really laggy to the point where its unplayable (I play on xbox) I try to play even with the lag but I cant. when you guys optimize the game on xbox to where it runs better everyone who plays on xbox will have more fun

I play on PC I have the similar issue the fps goes crazy. I start with 60fps and the more I play the worst it gets usually after an hour play it drops to 20fps. 

On 2.1.2017 at 4:20 PM, OburnE said:

I play on PC I have the similar issue the fps goes crazy. I start with 60fps and the more I play the worst it gets usually after an hour play it drops to 20fps. 

There could be two reasons.
1. Building and tether complexity, and manually altered environment have to be managed and integrated in the procedural environment.
2. Simple memory leaks and other programming related stuff which adds up over time.

Easy to find out which one by closing the game and start again and loading a larger saved game.
If the FPS issues are present after loading the saved game, its an issue with the player created content.

Edited by lemny

Dear System Era team,

Thanks for making a great game.  It being pre alpha preview makes it all the more exciting as the door is wide open.  I've been ranting to all my friends about it, but I may calm that down out of fear of overhype.  Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Cpt Otis

The idea of exploration and upgrades really suck me in.  I hope there isn't a narrative as it allows for players to create their own.  The game is a hit based on its core ideas of exploration and upgrades.  I think leading it down ANOTHER path of narratives etc. will ruin the game.  I believe more of the core content such as that listed below will attract more and more players.  Afterall, many  of us got into the game based solely on exploration, building and upgrades.  I rather this game not pander to the RPG crowd and stay true its ideas.

1. New worlds with new creatures and resources limited to that world (perhaps diving/swimming to underwater worlds).

2. Upgrade spaceships, attachments, larger ships, larger home bases (upgrade thrusters, control rooms, medical bay).  Dare I say even having interior space where one can walk about, sleep, or sit and watch the storms come by (movie The Martian)

3.  The ability to self drive the spacecraft  or use orbital gravity as a means to slingshot (or use solar to sails to cross galaxies or distances within galaxies)

4. More dyanmic weather such as hail storms, blizzards, heavy rain with lightning.  The basic fundamentals that allows for the world to come alive.  

Even without any of the things listed above, this game is already perfect in my mind.  Thank you guys so much for this game.  It is a sci-fi fan's dream come true.  Anyone that watches cosmos or is into startalk, physics, space travel, exploration will love this game.  I can see the young scientists and minecraft folks jumping on board as I did.  

Edited by astroneer24

there is also an infinite resin glitch, if you place resin on a crafting platform, then take it off and place it next to the platform the click it, it will still craft that platform even with the resin still on the ground

6 minutes ago, CaptainPrice159 said:

also there is no multiplayer working on Xbox One, I can't play with my friends at the moment, please fix

when I try to join my friends I get a loading screen and all I see is my saves and the other astronauts, this is obviously a glitch, and I would appreciate if you could fix this please, and Thank You

24 minutes ago, CaptainPrice159 said:

when I try to join my friends I get a loading screen and all I see is my saves and the other astronauts, this is obviously a glitch, and I would appreciate if you could fix this please, and Thank You

It's working, just have to invite friends from Xbox menu. 

Love, love, love the game - It is like crack for the space geek.  I have spent way too many hours playing this game, since I am so addicted.  I have noticed a few things that may need to be addressed.

1.  In multiplayer, only the hosting player can use the trade platform after it has been used once.

2. The trade platform needs to take longer it is way too fast when returning.  Maybe 10 to 15 minutes or even longer to dissuade people from cheating the game by just trading hydrozine.

3. The trade platform needs to be cut in half for the trade exchange - at least for hydrozine.  That means you can't get Titanium or Lithium from Hydrozine and you only get half of what you currently can get of other items when trading the hydrozine fuel. 

4. I have been mining the Astronium from the center of the planet, but not sure what this will be used for.  I have collected quite a bit of it, hopefully it is something good!!  It was quite a feat getting a truck/crane down there - mostly just falling down - LOL!!

5. I built a base in the center of the planet, but need an easier way to transport stuff back and forth to the surface - walking is killing my feet (quite literally, since I fall so many times getting back and forth)  If I launch a space ship from the center of the planet, it will only land back on the surface directly above my base - maybe I can dig a large hole at this spot all the way to the center?  I can build a road down there, but that would take too long to create (I have started working on it) and still take a long time to drive back to my base.  A space elevator would be a cool concept to be able to build, but not sure how you could implement such a thing.  You could transport inventory up to space and down to the center of the planet.

6. Also, I was able to make my base (inside the planet) large enough to get wind to blow, so I am using wind turbines and batteries to power my underground base - this is an awesome feature to the game, so please don't remove that ability.

Edited by Tony Cable

I have been playing this for a day now and have a few critiques.

• When filling in a hole while in the hole my avatar wants to clip down, through the ground.
  • A first person perspective option would be helpful. At times when backing out of a cave (performing a 180 degree turn) the camera doesn't know what to do. System Era has stated that Minecraft is one of the inspirations for this game and they have a first person perspective option. If System Era could have a toggle-able camera, like in Minecraft, that would make the game easier. Don't change the backpack dynamic if you include a first person option. Keep it hovering in front of the character like normal. The backpack is a wonderful concept.
  • I rode my truck too far and now I can't see my base. Is there a way you can have an overview map, base ping, or something that could guide me back? I am completely lost.

The exploration aspect, treasure hunting, and experimenting has been a thrill. Markiplier is the one whom inspired me to purchase this game. Keep up the good work.

On 15.01.2017 at 8:31 AM, Jokerboxer said:

I have been playing this for a day now and have a few critiques.

• When filling in a hole while in the hole my avatar wants to clip down, through the ground.
  • A first person perspective option would be helpful. At times when backing out of a cave (performing a 180 degree turn) the camera doesn't know what to do. System Era has stated that Minecraft is one of the inspirations for this game and they have a first person perspective option. If System Era could have a toggle-able camera, like in Minecraft, that would make the game easier. Don't change the backpack dynamic if you include a first person option. Keep it hovering in front of the character like normal. The backpack is a wonderful concept.
  • I rode my truck too far and now I can't see my base. Is there a way you can have an overview map, base ping, or something that could guide me back? I am completely lost.

The exploration aspect, treasure hunting, and experimenting has been a thrill. Markiplier is the one whom inspired me to purchase this game. Keep up the good work.

About point 3) I think thats what are beacons used for. I think its great idea, and way more challenging than a map.

#1 happens to me quite often, I've had to become really careful about slipping through the world.

#3 has also happened to me, the beacons seem to only go up so far, so I was behind a hill/mountain and it was blocked by the horizon. Having an overview map would be highly beneficial.

So far I really adore this game, it really is something special. It is both beautiful and unique in its art style and gameplay, so please, please, DO NOT ruin it with Hunger and Food bars. Far to many games uses an arbitrary hunger bar/system which slows the pace way down and is more intrusive than helpful. I like the idea of exploring the planets in depth (and space) but in the world of an Astroneer (love the name btw), building, scavenging, exploring and expanding should be in focus.

These are of course my personal opinions and Is in no means meant to offend or discredit this or other games. (I just don't enjoy having to divide focus to constantly eat and get food. Except for Don't Starve, but that is sorta the point in that one)

I love this game, and I think there could be a mechanism that keeps us playing for a very long time.
I wish there was a way to build things that influence what happens on other planets, or at other bases.

I don't have any specific answers to that, but I have some general ideas :

- some kind of factories that would replenish global stocks. Maybe these stocks could be withdrawn with the trade rocket. Ie if I build 100 copper on terran, I can get them from irradiated etc. Right now there's some kind of infinite bank of each resource as long as you can "pay" for them. This would be fun :) stock xx resource from a planet that has many, and get them back on another that has none ! 

- mechanical, moving things, à la factorio. That would be awesome :)