SES_Adam

ROAD MAP - Mega Thread

71 posts in this topic

img6.png

ASTRONEER ROAD MAP

BLOG POST

If you're curious about the direction we'd like to take Astroneer, our road map is a great place to start. At a high level, this list is pretty straight forward:

1. Address bugs and crashes to improve game stability and performance across all platforms.
    • E.g. Client experience in multiplayer or performance drops
  2. Leverage existing game content into additional or improved gameplay and features
    • E.g. Creative Tools Suite or Improved Crane Gameplay
  3. Develop and Communicate brand new features
    • E.g. Dedicated servers or Narrative-focused Gameplay

Check the Road Map link and Blog Post (Above) for more details!

You guys have created something beautiful and we are excited to take this journey with you. Your hard work and dedication has put something together that we have been waiting on since the launch of NMS, I myself am excited to be apart of every change you bring in the future. I just wanted to say thank you. Also FYI my girlfriend hates your game, because it has sucked me completely in and has taken all my attention. Its been along time that at game has done that to me, but im just a mere spec on this planet and i just wanted to extend my gratitude for creating a game that has sucked me in. Well I'm off to go discover more research and build my space station up. you guys have a great day and thanks again!  

I think what the community enjoy the most from the dev team is that you keep in touch with us and also give us a ''way to go plan''. So we know what to expect from now until the full release of the ''full' game. This is a wonderfull way to go. Thanks for the heads up on the plans and continue all of your good work, from the forums to the music/soundtrack to the game itself!

thanks,

Brian AKA Sumatra 

I just want to say as a lifelong gamer I am so tired of being told by so many companies that "they know best" and my opinions as a player don't matter at all. The fact that you guys want to work with us and have shown already you are willing to do so makes me want to support you more. I want to be part of this community because I know it is exactly that, a community, not a dictatorship of "The Creators" vs. "The Players". Thanks for restoring some of my faith in this industry. I look forward to helping you guys however I can and seeing Astroneer grow into the wonderful game we all know it can be. 

Edited by Zander

Great game... cant wait for the update. Is there anything on smoothing out multiplayer (Xbox)?

Bravo encore pour votre jeu je ne regrets pas les 20€ debousser pour faire partie de l'aventure.

Gardez le cap

Keep going guys with the amazing work! I'm waiting for narrative the features you will include :)

You guys have created something beautiful and we are excited to take this journey with you. Your hard work and dedication has put something together that we have been waiting on since the launch of NMS, I myself am excited to be apart of every change you bring in the future. I just wanted to say thank you.

Thank you

Damian Firecaster

Hello All ;D

I have buy yesterday the game and is very very amazing. I have seen at first bye Gronkh on his Twitch stream last Friday. Is very suprised for me, that the game have is multilanguage, so is the playing not so difficult. I think the game has very good future and I have many fun in the game ;D

So I can say now, Big Thanks for this Game ;D

Have a nice Day ;D

Bogus

Edited by Bogus

Just now, Bogus said:

Hello All ;D

I have buy yesterday the game and is very very amazing. I have seen at first bye Gronkh on his Twitch stream last Friday. Is very suprised for me, that the game have is multilanguage, so is the playing not so difficult. I think the game has very good future and I have many fun in the game ;D

So I can say now, Big Thanks for this Game ;D

If you need help with anything in the future just MSG me on my profile and i'll help you out buddy!

The plan gives us a good idea where the game is going and if you ask me, it's a pretty damn good game for a pre-alpha ;) 

@Sumatra The best way was, when if give a board for the users, the not can so good englisch. I am comes from germany and my englisch is a little bit bad. But I have many years was I in irc-chats or boards, so I have learn the language. Ok the gramatic is not soo *gg But the most ppl understand me and that is for me important ;D

On 12/20/2016 at 11:00 PM, SES_Adam said:

img6.png

ASTRONEER ROAD MAP

BLOG POST

If you're curious about the direction we'd like to take Astroneer, our road map is a great place to start. At a high level, this list is pretty straight forward:

1. Address bugs and crashes to improve game stability and performance across all platforms.
    • E.g. Client experience in multiplayer or performance drops
  2. Leverage existing game content into additional or improved gameplay and features
    • E.g. Creative Tools Suite or Improved Crane Gameplay
  3. Develop and Communicate brand new features
    • E.g. Dedicated servers or Narrative-focused Gameplay

Check the Road Map link and Blog Post (Above) for more details!

Whatever you do, please never introduce micro transactions. Cosmetic or otherwise. If you need additional income or a way of making money release it via content, or expansions or create a crowd funding campaign, hell even make astroneer subscription based. But please... never micro transactions.

i love this game ive put hours into it and still enjoying it just as much as the first hour in, excited to see what it evolves too and thankful to be along for the journey, thanks system era 👍👍

Planing to build stuff with crane.. So this will be a building game with machines like building skyscrappers.

But it looks like a winter sports game with snowboarding and slippery cars. Also you could add warplanes for hunting space dragons.

I wish I could play this game but the game lags so much. I have a feeling it has to do with my AMD CPU seeing as it say it recommends an i3 an I have an 8350

Guys at System Era, I've been looking for a game like this over several years and after only a few hours of testing I feel I must speak out. Thank you so very much for making this game come true! I see a LOT of potential and after seeing this road-map this game could become one really great sandbox game which let's the player consume hundreds, if not thousands, hours to create what they feel like or explore their own creativity. I will sure follow you on this journey and report the bugs I can find and give you ton's of ideas.

Sincere

Sathuros

This game is one of the most beautiful, elegant piece of art I've ever seen. Even after being at it's earliest stages of development, it shows so much promise to the space exploration concept that most possibly every gamer seeks. I've started playing recently and it is magnificent to the core. There are glitches and massive bugs, especially to the multiplayer, but nevertheless, this can actually be something. I've tried exploring caves along with a friend with a couple of rovers and a trucks, all of which disappeared leaving us back, floating in thin air. But no matter the glitches, this just keeps pulling me in. I shall keep on providing any ideas or bugs or any suggestions I come across, and am glad to be a part of the journey. 

Regards, 
MechaRad. 

hello, i played your game for about 6-9 hours and i like what i seeing.

the first problems i see are about performance ( the fps are unstable, especially when you leave/arrive a planet), the second problem i see is about the information u see in the items you can craft some items are easy to understad but some others no ( a little description can help here).

about bugs i just can say that are pretty obvius, problems with the terrain when you add some below you, that make you sink in the terrain and  go throught (i end in a cave once),

the problem with the broken planets and the last of this kind was with thundra, when i arrive yhis planet and try to return to terran or barren i realized than i couldn't even with the full fuel.

i dont  no if you played bastion or transistors, in that games was a storyteller who toll your adventure. thats a  way to dont feel alone even when you was alone it would be nice have something like that.

what about the translations? i only see the game in english.

the vehicles feel werid like they are glued to the ground.

i probably can tell something more but in this game state all was said, i wish the succes of astroneer and system era.

FUERZA MUCHACHOS QUE TODOS ESPERAN LA GRANDEZA DE USTEDES!!!!

agm

Fantastic game guys, very exciting.  I hope you're planning on letting us build onto that starbase we start from, my own personal solar system needs a visitor's center, not to mention a centralized parking lot for all these spaceships.

Great game guys and still so much potential in it!!! Keep working on it. Cant wait for the Alpha version!

Love this game. Thanks to all.

IMHO, trade port needs to be more costly. Maybe minimally one would have to supply the fuel?

Also,  would love to see unmanned solar and wind powered vehicles that could follow placed mini beacons  and be used to transport supplies between space stations. The mini beacons would facilitate I keeping the transports from falling into caves or excavation sites. And if I get three wishes, maybe a storage facility? Space is at a premium. Thanks to all again.

BTW, Loved the idea of hidden rare exotic finds. 

Hi guys, could someone explain to me how the patches are getting released, I'm getting confused as to what fixes to expect  on the Xbox as it seems different patches are getting released on different platforms. My understanding was the same patches were getting released on all the platforms at the same time. PS if you want the Xbox patches tested at the same time as the steam ones I can do it, I'm all set to side load apps on my Xbox, it's all ready for development as I was in the process of doing my own app. 

I already got lost in this game quite some times, but after seeing this roadmap... I think I'm gonna get even more... Great game guys.