Chernobyltoast

Geysers have item slots.

Interesting. I wonder if certain item combinations affect geysers in different ways. I mean there's already a satellite minigame, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a "secret" combination for geysers, as well.

5 minutes ago, John Tull said:

I think there is an item you can craft called a Hydrothermal

I guess you could put it on a geyser and make power???

It would make sense as we need some extra options for power should we choose to open up a base deep in the caves.

Not sure how that would be tied into the base though since we don't have a conveyor system yet(unless it produces a consumable power item). And I'm nervous about that too, if Tethers are giving the game trouble, the Conveyor system will make the game struggle as well --Just ask Space Engineers =P

Also, don't put a Habitat on those geysers. They tend to not want to come off and you can't activate it like normal once it's on.

1 hour ago, optyk said:

It would make sense as we need some extra options for power should we choose to open up a base deep in the caves.

Not sure how that would be tied into the base though since we don't have a conveyor system yet(unless it produces a consumable power item). And I'm nervous about that too, if Tethers are giving the game trouble, the Conveyor system will make the game struggle as well --Just ask Space Engineers =P

Also, don't put a Habitat on those geysers. They tend to not want to come off and you can't activate it like normal once it's on.

From what I have heard, you can find coal deep underground and use the large generator to produce power, due to game mechanics I wouldn't be surprised you can still use a trade platform underground and even launch a space ship? My curiosity is killing me so I will find out soon enough lol

This is the single most exciting thread I've read today. I was running around caves trying to think of the purpose of the steam vents, was about to mention i hope you could harness it for power but figured I'd read some other posts first! Super excited ^_^

I found out that after you reload the game you can pick up the items again. .. now I need a Geothermal Generator and Tethers must be changed to allow (working) connection to different station "grids", e.g. for energy/battery/oxgen sharing between stations.

Edited by Hardcase