Odawg06

Rovers With Tank Tracks

I thought it would be a cool idea to add a rover with tank tracks, and that you can customize the tracks! It would make the rovers much more fun, and cool! I think if you did make a rover with tank tracks, it would be the size of 1 and a half large rovers, with 3 tier 2 attachment points (the ones the large rovers use).

I personally wouldnt want a 'bigger rover with tracks...but a small one would be neat. Like smaller than a medium rover almost atv size. 2 attach points, embeded driver seat and no base connectors. My 2 cents

Forget the little baby crawler...... I still Want the Huge Mobile Base Crawler....HUGE!  Room for a whole base on Tracks.... Trade Platform on the roof.... maybe even a Large Shuttle (Spaceship) landing pad...... and a crane that can move around the vehicle....

Image result for jawa crawler

Little Brown Astroneers not included..............

The mobile base idea is kind of interesting (but can you imagine that falling into a cavern and getting stuck?  yikes) and tank treads would be pretty cool.  Might be plenty of room for both possibilities when we get the modularity they've been working on.

(I was bored ........)
The track would just simply attach to the rover via the red connection point 

untitled.png

15min 3d model :P

What about a blank vehicle base with no wheels, so you can make the wheels a customize it yourself, or even connect the bases to get a bigger creation.

On 8/31/2017 at 11:05 AM, ThePixelTyphoon said:

What about a blank vehicle base with no wheels, so you can make the wheels a customize it yourself, or even connect the bases to get a bigger creation.

That's not a bad idea, it also make rovers that are modular easier to build

Pixel..... Are you implying that anything in this game in any way aligns with real science? 

The Giant Sand Crawler  would probably move relatively slowly have big batteries and  stop often to survey resources which might fit nicely into the Terrain for Resource theme.

On 9/12/2017 at 12:13 PM, KeeblerOrc said:

Pixel..... Are you implying that anything in this game in any way aligns with real science? 

The Giant Sand Crawler  would probably move relatively slowly have big batteries and  stop often to survey resources which might fit nicely into the Terrain for Resource theme.

No, I'm just saying the bigger the vehicle is the more power it uses a SECOND.

On 8/27/2017 at 5:15 AM, Optinalmind said:

(I was bored ........)
The track would just simply attach to the rover via the red connection point 

untitled.png

15min 3d model :P

Nice job for 15 min

Power use has very little to do with size and far more to do with mass........ since our rovers are made of paper it would probably not effect a super crawler as much as people think.

I would like to see a tracked vehicle is the game that is not a kite in the wind..... for that matter just increasing the wheel size 50% as a augment would be wonderful.

There's no reason to not add more customization options in an open-universe sandbox game like this, so I think its a fantastic idea. Also maybe a spider/crab-like leg thing that moves slower but lets you crawl up hills and mountains with ease.