SES_joe

"200 - Hotfix" - August 19th, 2017

Astroneer's Pre-Alpha Early Access will be updated to version 0.3.10200.0 (Patch "200")

599f4eb6b7e91_patchnotes_poster(2)3.thumb.png.3903549c6fa5ff9d7665e75afcb7ea7e.png

Steam 'Early Access' users will receive this update immediately.
Xbox 'Play Anywhere' players can expect this hotfix to hit their consoles or Windows 10 machines next week.

This hotfix addresses issues resulting from Update 199:

• Fixed an issue where audio settings for music and sounds defaulted to zero
  • Fixed a multiplayer crash related to clients grabbing research chests and then crashing
  • Fixed an issue that would cause some savegames to cause the game to crash on load.
  • Fixed some default resolution issues. This is still a work in progress, and users who still have resolution issues should follow these steps: Go to - SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Astroneer Pre-Alpha\Astro\Saved\Config and delete your GameUserSettings.ini file. OR  Users"your username"\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor.

Thanks to all users who reported these issues with crash reports and information. 

10 minutes ago, Livid_Idiot said:

Why don't you put updates like 199 on experimental first so these hotfixs are done before you release them to main branch?

Programming is hard. Getting something to 100% takes a TON of effort, but getting something to 95% takes a ton less effort. So it's not worth it to put the time in for that last 5% of perfection. It sucks, but it's nearly impossible to catch everything. Once it hits the wild, some of those issues become more apparent and a fix is made.

This bug making wide mod not working/behaving like inhibitor is still here and also small solar panel exhibits this kind of glitch ^_^20170820020834_1.thumb.jpg.c35984ba14d429a4a35a948579abc3e9.jpg^_^

Wow you came out with the fix fast, so awesome. We have not had any issues in MP so far keep up the great work.

Edited by ammo77

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Astroneer Pre-Alpha\Astro\Saved\Config and delete your GameUserSettings.ini file. 

Is not the place where the GameUserSettings.ini file is as far as i know it is in.

C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Edited by Mine_buddy

On 8/19/2017 at 5:20 PM, maxikg said:

This bug making wide mod not working/behaving like inhibitor is still here and also small solar panel exhibits this kind of glitch ^_^20170820020834_1.thumb.jpg.c35984ba14d429a4a35a948579abc3e9.jpg^_^

Weird. I just went and tested the mod problem and could not reproduce. Could you send a video with this happening? I want to try and track this down. 

Already feels like its been fixed for Xbox. Played without any crashes in the usual spots, picking up unknowns and riding in the rover/saving games... until we flew to space late last night. First and only crash yesterday through near 4 hours of gameplay. Felt way better but still one crash just wanted to forward that. 

On 21.08.2017 at 9:59 PM, SES_joe said:

Weird. I just went and tested the mod problem and could not reproduce. Could you send a video with this happening? I want to try and track this down. 

Sure!

Let me record one :)

On 21.08.2017 at 9:59 PM, SES_joe said:

Sure!

Let me record one :)

I first used just the gun, without any mods, then the narrow mod - the area of digging first fixes up at a certain point, then disappears - and the wide mod - no "wideness" on the "cursor" and also no digging, just like inhibitor mod, which seems to be working ^_^

Is it maybe related to language version (polish)?

Astro-Win64-Shipping 2017-08-23 23-47-30-081.avi

Any steaming hot fixes on its way anytime soon, to solve the UEA4 crashes? :)

I dont hype about version 2.0, 3.0 or anything as long as I cant test it at all.