Truck uphill.(Very serious.)

rockybear

The biggest problem in the Astroneer game is the vehicle.

I made a big truck to collect the research data And there is a problem that the truck that descends downhill can not go up.

It means that the propulsion of the truck is very weak and is not the most useless at this time.

The problem is that everywhere the truck passes, it can not speed up due to small, multiple stones.

I will delete the game until the developer fixes the problem with the current truck.20170819234821_1.thumb.jpg.358ee025351adcc7174124ad788e5931.jpg

That seems to make sense to me.

• Your rover is pulling the weight of 5 other rover, which gives it quite a massive strain of weight
  • Ramp you made are too steep to begin with
  • 2 truck from behind are visibly struggling on evens steeper ramp

That's why I mostly chain my vehicle on 2 or 3 and sometimes no chain at all. Because single trucks moves faster. Plus the speed of the rover are pretty unbalanced actually, rovers aren't supposed to even move like cars.

I don't want to make you mad or anything but you're not even supposed to chain that many rovers at once.

That's an impressive chain, but I do agree with Lithium. Maybe there will be a system implemented where you can activate the engines on all trucks/rovers at the same time for such instances, but in doing this all energy stores on each truck/rover is depleted equally. I know they are working on the modularity for the vehicles, so we may have to wait to see what that has installed for us. 

I'll usually have a truck connected with a rover, the rover has a singular large storage on it. :)

9 hours ago, Lithium said:

That seems to make sense to me.

• Your rover is pulling the weight of 5 other rover, which gives it quite a massive strain of weight
  • Ramp you made are too steep to begin with
  • 2 truck from behind are visibly struggling on evens steeper ramp

That's why I mostly chain my vehicle on 2 or 3 and sometimes no chain at all. Because single trucks moves faster. Plus the speed of the rover are pretty unbalanced actually, rovers aren't supposed to even move like cars.

I don't want to make you mad or anything but you're not even supposed to chain that many rovers at once.

Thank you for your advice. I guess I'll have to give up the old truck and make a new one.

Thank you for your help.

The large rover is underpowered, IMO. All rovers are helium filled balloon vehicles, which bounce off rocks in an unpredictable way.

I understand that we may someday get stackable storage for the rovers, etc. This would really be great.

In the meantime, perhaps a blown 426 Hemi might work...