Space Dragon

New Astroneers - Customization

Hi! i would like to know if we are gonna see new astroneers? or the ability to customize them?
it would be nice to change colors or even the astroneer's helmets
here are some sketches i did

Spoiler

helmets.thumb.jpg.6f0e0b00fa3083c73bf9ef4f8631b149.jpg5993c2c2d5f1d_newdude.thumb.jpg.8864f5c38ec67756fa4b7c2db2f40583.jpg

Those are some nice drawings! (love the idea of a helmet from Alien, also, the Exo-version reminds me of Emile from Halo: Reach :) )
As far as I know, the developers mentioned that they plan on adding planet-themed suits.

I think that this is an idea that fits the game really well... and, if the suits require researching other planets to unlock, players will be given a good reason to actually travel to these planets.
I have posted this in a topic before, but what do you think about suits giving specific bonuses?

To give you an example, one of the suits I imagined was the Exo-suit.
I have called it that way because of the suit's exoskeleton, which gives the player a certain resistance against impacts/ physical harm.
This suit would be unlocked by researching a certain amount of Artifacts (research items) on Arid.
The idea is then, that when the player is using this suit, it is possible/ easier to explore a more dangerous biome on Arid, that contains rare research items, for example.
This biome could, for example, be the equatorial region of Arid, where there is lots of Sand, little cover, many storms and few resources.

In principle, every suit could be designed to excel in a certain biome. What do you think?
Maybe you could even draw some :D

26 minutes ago, UtopicVision said:

Those are some nice drawings! (love the idea of a helmet from Alien, also, the Exo-version reminds me of Emile from Halo: Reach :) )
As far as I know, the developers mentioned that they plan on adding planet-themed suits.

I think that this is an idea that fits the game really well... and, if the suits require researching other planets to unlock, players will be given a good reason to actually travel to these planets.
I have posted this in a topic before, but what do you think about suits giving specific bonuses?

To give you an example, one of the suits I imagined was the Exo-suit.
I have called it that way because of the suit's exoskeleton, which gives the player a certain resistance against impacts/ physical harm.
This suit would be unlocked by researching a certain amount of Artifacts (research items) on Arid.
The idea is then, that when the player is using this suit, it is possible/ easier to explore a more dangerous biome on Arid, that contains rare research items, for example.
This biome could, for example, be the equatorial region of Arid, where there is lots of Sand, little cover, many storms and few resources.

In principle, every suit could be designed to excel in a certain biome. What do you think?
Maybe you could even draw some :D

Sure! now i want to draw some of those suits :D im gonna try