GizmoGomez

Organic uses and farming ideas

Organic is only used for the small generator, right? It needs more uses. 

Farming applications: 

Organic should be used to create fertilizer or the equivalent for growing crops. Imagine you print a growing bed from the med printer, place it, and have to fill it with sediment. Using the refinery, you can infuse sediment (in containers) with organic compounds to create fertile sediment, or something like that. You then fill the growing box thing with this fertilized sediment (in a way similar to how you fill a shuttle with hydrazine) and you can start planting. There should also be a water store that you must fill with canisters filled with water. 

What if instead of printing the box, one of the base modules created a garden plot? Like how the vehicle bay creates a drive way, it extends out a certain distance. Could use additional resources to make that plot bigger to an extent. Then the water store would be shown as a tank on the main module thing. I'm considering making it require power to keep the plants alive and growing if they're planted on a world they're not native to, like, they require an atmosphere and temperature regulating device to stay alive in the foreign environment. Nothing too extreme or draining, like, maybe a medium battery per day. That means half a battery at night, and even if you have no power production at night that should still be very doable. 

This idea is very creative, but I feel as if it could have a bit more modularity. Possibly tiers of fertilizer, expanded plots and you said and expanded water tanks or compressed water tanks could be interesting. Also, instead of just saying "one or the other" with the garden plot and/or box, why not both? I'm not the most experienced in the world of farming, but I know others can come up with some interesting additions to this type of system.

My favorite suggestion for Organic was a module that converts Organic to Coal so those Medium Generators could find use earlier in the game.... Cant remember who but I wanted to give the guy a Hug for that Idea.

15 minutes ago, KeeblerOrc said:

My favorite suggestion for Organic was a module that converts Organic to Coal so those Medium Generators could find use earlier in the game.... Cant remember who but I wanted to give the guy a Hug for that Idea.

Yesssss