erikinthebakery

Backpack power use after the terrain change

After/if the changes to the terrain deformer go in (where you collect Sediment and it takes no power to remove it) I was thinking an interesting use for the power you are not needing as much in the early game would be to have the backpack printer require it to run. It would fit in the context of the game (the other printers are all powered) and the player would not be in danger of being forever stuck because it is always possible to get more power.

I like this idea; it gives power on the backpack a purpose. Players aren't always printing non-stop, and needing to wait until you have sunlight (or whatever your source of power is) to print stuff sounds like a fun game mechanic. 

Exactly. I think they will do all kinds of these things once power doesn't regenerate on its own. I guess 3D printers operating without any supply of power is still a little bit too "advanved" haha.
I like how I am not the only one who wants things to be just a little harder to achieve, it seems.

The Backpack does not generate power yet the Deform Tool does not use power.... UNLESS a Mod is used in which it burns threw power super fast...... Sorry but Astroneer needs a Logic reset.  At the least its fun to see new stuff people can play with.

The base premises of the game require quite a bit of suspension of disbelief and that is part of the fun, so personally I'm not too bothered by the lack of "logic". I think the bigger concern is finding the right gameplay balance.