INeedToThinkOfABetterName

Share your bases/creations!

There's a driveway and everything

there's also a cave/tunnel right under my guy i made for when the weather gets nasty

Space.png

After Completing my base:

20161218022640_1.jpg

I wanted to go as high as possible, after jumping to death because of shortage of oxigen, I came up with the idea of this thing:

Spoiler

20161218032153_1.jpg

A Spiral it took me about 3 Hours, 7 Deaths(all from falling), i built 2 Stations, 1 right below the clouds,this station has a vehicle bay for shuttles and spaceships.(in this image it was still under construction)

Spoiler

20161218025034_1.jpg

1 after the ground's sounds fade, this one has a printer

Spoiler

20161218042051_1.jpg

This is the last image i took before exiting the game.

Spoiler

20161218041921_1.jpg

Edited by seven13

On 12/16/2016 at 8:53 AM, darthrax said:

2 different views of my base from the center. I've reached the stage where i got tons of lithium and titanium just lying around... ideas on what to do with it?

I would recommend trading the titanium for other resources and using the lithium to make a battery bank.

Thats definetly on my too do list, a sky base, for now ive jsut completed my ultra compact moon base

One crafty thing i did, was if you look careful at the landing pad, the hexangle layed out nodes stretch down under the launch pad each with a large battery on, hidden out of view, then on teh top nodes, ive put solar and wind gens, with additonal smaller batteries next to each building. Also i put 6 tethers next to the hex nodes to create a lit area, which you can see from space ; )

Compact Base.jpg

There are tons of batteries inside, outside there are ~7 solar panels. Below the base is vehicle hangar.20161217221459_1.jpg

Main room has "stairs" to the vehicle hangar and to the top floor(empty). It's hard to see these stairs here because of no tethers

Spoiler

20161217221442_1.jpg

Spoiler

20161217221504_1.jpg

Spoiler

20161217221511_1.jpg

Spoiler

20161217221520_1.jpg

Edited by Gon

20161218155600_1.jpg

My lil' base with a truck hangar, a spaceship hangar, walls, gates and a cave access where I can drive my truck down there.

The white pillar thing is stuck there because it's connected to the dirt beneath my habitat. How embarrassing.

@NekoApocalypse If you dig a hole underneith those rock things they become loose, and it you keep diging a hole below it, it will fall down, you can then cover it with dirt and flatten it, to hide it.

I've restarted a few times since launch, but I think I'm finally happy with a place to call home :)
Bonus: wonderful view from my future base location on Barren's pole! It's worth noting that the sun of the solar system is slightly off-level with the obit plane of the planets, so one pole gets more sun than the other.

20161218011112_1.jpg

20161218112555_1.jpg

I had the joy of starting my first journey at the bottom of a canyon. Obviously the wind mills did not work very well down there.

20161216182258_1.jpg

Edited by tox1m
typos, choice of words

On 2016-12-16 at 11:20 PM, Ashar said:

After a lot of work, i think i got my base perfectlt layed out, i might build walls aroudn the perimter too, to be safe

My Base.jpg

Love that, so clean! Amazing work on it buddy :)

Hey guys. Thought I'd make an account here as well. Enjoying the game a lot; learning to live with certain missing features (deletion of built structures for example), and some small-ish bugs. So here's my sort of basic base design:

Here's an overview image of the base:

astro4small.jpg

In the front there you can see the trading post, with four fuel condensers hard at work. Business is booming. Every crafting station has a solar panel and a battery. The main direction (N,S,W,E) crafting stations have a battery between them and the hub, and the additional crafting stations which branch off of the aforementioned batteries have a wind turbine between them and the battery. Between the solar panels and the turbines, and the plethora of batteries, there's enough power for days.

On the left there you can see my printer, with a stationary storage truck (and a rover if I need to move it around a bit.) Up there's the smelter, and between the smelter and the printer there's two possible crafting building slots, which are occupied by storage slabs right now. On the right there's my research station, and between it and the smelter there's two vehicle bays. Been thinking of possibly creating a space ship/shuttle vehicle bay farther away from the base, but for now those will do. Haven't found the space ship recipe yet (in any game, actually), and haven't built the shuttle in this one. The truck in the other vehicle bay is the one I'll pull behind my main truck, which is in the right bottom corner there. That storage truck (in the vehicle bay) is configured for research items currently (hence no storage slabs), so I can bring in a huge haul of them from a cave, or drive around searching for space ship hulks.

Here's a couple more images of the base:

astro2small.jpgastro3small.jpg

Here's a top-down image of the base during a storm, showing the grid system:

astro1small.jpg

You can click to enlarge the pictures (they're linked to imgur.)

Have been thinking of perhaps creating some kind of walls, but I'm not sure. Suppose that'll do for now.

Edited by Sydänyö

Hello world!

Been playing the game for almost 30 hours after buying the game 2 days ago. This game is nuts!! Can't wait to see how this evolves.

I've tried out many possible base layouts. Here's the latest I started a couple of hours ago. Despite some energy flow glitches (energy not flowing to certain parts of the base), I'm quite happy with it so far. I'll maybe edit the post with more screenshots as I get into this. I'm also tryna get the hang of the terraforming tools - which I still find quite hard to tame.

Cheers :)

astroneer.png

Edited by Weeliam

6 minutes ago, Weeliam said:

Hello world!

Been playing the game for almost 30 hours after buying the game 2 days ago. This game is nuts!! Can't wait to see how this evolves.

I've tried out many possible base layouts. Here's the latest I started a couple of hours ago. Despite some energy flow glitches (energy not flowing to certain parts of the base), I'm quite happy with it so far. I'll maybe edit the post with more screenshots as I get into this. I'm also tryna get the hang of the terraforming tools - which I still find quite hard to tame.

Cheers :)

Hi ! 

Pretty base ;-)