erikinthebakery

Some controller updates in 197?

Hey all,

I was playing after a bit of a break last night and I noticed a couple things that seemed new with the controller controls last night. (This was on Xbox, so no Experimental branch for me).

• Hitting the D-pad down not only pulled a tether out but placed it
  • I could click on waiting base slot (for example, an extension that wanted one Resin to become a small platform) and it would automatically pull the resin out of my backpack.

I know the first one is new because @SamanthaZero talked about it on the controller livestream. I'm pretty sure the second is real too.

So... thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!! Both excellent changes!

1 hour ago, erikinthebakery said:

Hey all,

I was playing after a bit of a break last night and I noticed a couple things that seemed new with the controller controls last night. (This was on Xbox, so no Experimental branch for me).

• Hitting the D-pad down not only pulled a tether out but placed it
  • I could click on waiting base slot (for example, an extension that wanted one Resin to become a small platform) and it would automatically pull the resin out of my backpack.

I know the first one is new because @SamanthaZero talked about it on the controller livestream. I'm pretty sure the second is real too.

So... thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!! Both excellent changes!

I really hope that it doesn't actually pull things out my backpack automatically without my for sure approval first. This is gonna be a wrench in my plans if I accidentally extend a base platform and it uses resin that I have other purposes for. 

30 minutes ago, rileya_c said:

I really hope that it doesn't actually pull things out my backpack automatically without my for sure approval first. This is gonna be a wrench in my plans if I accidentally extend a base platform and it uses resin that I have other purposes for. 

Extending the platform didn't trigger it. It was hovering over the open slot on top of an extended platform. The same reticle that shows up when you can activate other items  (like connecting a rover to the base or activating dynamite).