3 general ideas

MrWolfie

while playing the game I got a few ideas of stuff that could either improve it or just be nice to have.

ladders/rope: while we have means of going up and down making a ramp can be very annoying or difficult at times. so making either a rope to climb or a buildable ladder (possibly in segments for balancing) would be a huge help for getting up and down. *see buildable stuff below*

a better way to flatten an area: this can be done in many ways, but the reason I think this would be a good idea is mainly because I prefer having a large flat area for my base. if I have to spend several in game days to just flatten an area it can be very annoying. my idea is basically allow a 90° angle flattening from your character with the terrain tool.

buildables: this is simply an idea of creativity, not really a "improvement". while our habitat is a good place to hide from the storms the only other place we can hide is underground. so maybe add like blocks that we can place freely and "snap" together to let us build small bases. basically what this idea is that we could have alot of creativity with building custom bases. plus having placeable things snap together is necessary in some cases.

that's all, for now...

Someone once made a concept about mining elevator, here's the picture if you're interested. I personally think that it's much better than using ladder and ropes

IMG_1280.JPG.8211e827aea3337dae419e6c4f851c09.jpg.509b8154dd530a3a14607c96dc1ba6dc.jpg

I agree with the flatening tool needing work but I think you should be able to edit the degrees (You could just have some area where you press a left or right arrow and it changes the degrees by 5 or 10 or something or maybe it could be the D-PAD for XBOX ONE because when you have the terrain gun out then you don't really need emotes and you could do Left D-PAD angle it anti-clockwise and Right D-PAD to angle it clockwise, it could change by 5 or 10 or something to make it quicker and easier and up could be to like reset it to 90 degrees or something) of the angle and copy like it currenly does or just the degree altering one

Edited by ethan colman

I was thinking the exact same thing about flattening an area fight after I initially dug a hold and tried to fill it back up. Unfortunately I created a mound right next to my base that took a while to make look reasonably well.

I was thinking the exact same thing about flattening an area fight after I initially dug a hold and tried to fill it back up. Unfortunately I created a mound right next to my base that took a while to make look reasonably well.

Also I agree one thing this game needs is some form of added creativity, take from the environment and mold it into your own personal world. That is a factor that will get people to play for long periods of time customizing their bases all across the world.