SES_joe

"197 - Hotfix" - July 28th, 2017

On 7/29/2017 at 10:04 PM, Banyos Shep said:

Same problem for me, makes the game absolutely unplayable with multi-player. Since my game crashes within 5 minutes of rejoining. I loose oxygen tanks, batteries, and anything I'm carrying. Was hoping the hot fix would actually fix major issues like it's intended to... Honestly I could live with the 4 things they fixed, but a game crash to loose an hour of progress kills the game

Hop in your vehicle regularly to save your game?

Thanks for fixing the wind blowing me away in my rover.  However, I only lost one and got blown into a deep pit while inside once.  It caught me off guard.  I got Pwned.

As this is an Alpha, I expect to dump after each build and start over.  So, I could care less if I throw out a save.  I'm not painting the Mona Lisa.  BTW - I'm not painting at all and have no reason to.  I'd like one.

Having said that it caught me off guard, it caused me to do some crisis management and disaster prep that was unexpected and appreciated the situation at the same time.  I would like to vote to bring the hurricane force winds back, maybe on a certain planet or randomly...or maybe some other events that require similar adjustments or planning for unknown developments (i.e., earthquakes, lightning, meteor strikes, crashing space junk or something).  I understand that everyone will eventually prepare for the worst case scenario but the quick thinking on a couple of occasions brought unexpected excitement ("OMG, this is the longest windstorm ever," I said out loud to no one the first time it hit) and an interesting replay value.

In my situation, I devised that carrying a winch at all times as an anchor would be necessary.  This took up a slot on the rover for "unknown" research objects.  So, then I was forced to drag one of these objects back home on more than one occasion instead of hauling it on the rover.  I spent several opportunities out in the wind working trying to secure the rover before being hit by a storm.  I never found the one that blew away.  That caused me to die.  That's ok.  It caused situations where I was fighting to drive and using power reserves.  In turn, this caused me to change what and how I gear up for a trip.  I was also forced to search on occasion for things strewn across the planet.  This in turn caused me to locate features and items I otherwise might not have encountered.  I was forced to be more aware of where the power and O2 stations were located or how far away the last one was and more navigation by landmark features.

Being blown into a crevice while in my rover to the lowest level of a planet and then having to navigate to the surface, regain my bearings and survive to home was an hours long challenge.

Looking for some difficulty before this time, I had run many games with certain rules applied on my own (i.e., no tethers, no crafting air tanks, no trailers, etc.).  The limited time with the wind caused me to have to rethink this.

Chaos, it happens, people die.  More chaos is not always a bad thing.

I did experience a crash during play last night.  When I went back to load, the game would not load.  When I rebooted the system, the save file was corrupt.  First time I've seen that and the first time I've experienced static instead of music.  No biggie.

Thank you all for your hard work.

I seem to crash a lot when I dig up unknowns but they are floating and I cant grab them but my friend can and as soon as he does, I crash

Edited by ammo77

Hi!

I have not seen any dev response to the  UE4 crashes caused by patch 196. Please; devs, mods or others with tecnichal knowledge: is it being dealt with, can we do something ourselfs to fix it, or what is happening? Thanks :)

I found the worst thing about the crashes is It corrupt my win 10 game. When I load the save it closed the game. Staying on Xbox for now.

On 28-7-2017 at 11:57 PM, ElvanIV said:

I just tested it with a friend of mine for almost an hour. It appears to be fixed.

Here (win10-64) it still crashes every 5 mins

On 7/28/2017 at 5:57 PM, ElvanIV said:

I just tested it with a friend of mine for almost an hour. It appears to be fixed.

On 8/8/2017 at 2:45 PM, Dojec said:

Here (win10-64) it still crashes every 5 mins

I jumped the gun a little, When I tested it I just had him hop on while he was at work and stay in the base. He didn't move around at all and that may have been why it didn't crash.

Edited by ElvanIV

I mentioned above some frequency in crashing.  I have had my first corrupt save file after a crash.  Should I give you guys the file to see why it won't work or do I trash it?

Also, could I be upgraded to "Scruffy looking,"  "gruff but lovable" or something instead of "Newbie" please.

Thanks for your time.