Options menu

Eatkittens

I don't know why or if this is happening to anybody else. but whenever I open the options menu, my game freezes and I'm forced to restart. It doesn't matter all that much but access to the options menu would be nice at times, but I can deal without it lol.

I am also experiencing this issue in the most recent patch. Options menu while ingame or at the space station single player or multiplayer session seems to have a massive memory leak or something. Whole computer becomes nearly unresponsive as soon as the options menu is opened, the first time it happened I managed to get to my task manager after a couple minutes of stuttering barely usable controls and my RAM was maxed out completely, then was forced to end the task which was using upwards of 7gb of RAM. I assume if more RAM was available it would consume that as well, though I don't have the patience to replicate a bug that completely locks me out of using the computer.

Yeah, there have been a few different threads about it.  For most of us, it started with Patch 196.  I was hoping they would fix it in 197.  For some people, it's a massive slow-down, and for others it's a total crash.

There is a workaround, if the game doesn't crash completely:  Go back into the Options menu and it corrects itself somehow.

Yeah, Whenever i Open the options menu, Load an old save, Try to join a friend's world, My game instantly crashes.