SES_Adam

STEAM PATCH NOTES - MEGA THREAD

1 hour ago, lemny said:

It was that for those who have installed Steam VR it launches with the game... Steam thought Astroneer was an VR game because the VR plugins have not been completely disabled.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Also: dang.

https://imgur.com/uUP33zo

Ran into a bug where when traveling to a new planet with my friend, we both had infinite air supply from the base on the other planet. Even had weird air lines shooting off into space towards the other planet. Posted a pic on the subreddit. 

Edited by DasBiggin728

8 hours ago, Frigidman said:

Hehe, I'm pretty sure all that buzz and white noise is why our question won't get answered (or seen) ;) Guess we'll just have to wait and see how they do it. Everywhere else (that I frequent) makes a new thread per patch note release, so discussion on that specific notes can be had. I hate 'mega threads'... they serve no purpose but to clump a ton of stuff into one place that no on ever intends to read or pay attention too.

We could make millions as fortune tellers, except I forgot the xbox guys with the "is this for xbox?, how does xbox get patch? Plus a new group of "Hey here is another bug I found, which may or maynot have a dozen other threads already but thought I would put it here instead"

And in the interest of staying OT and joining the crowd ;-) I have now had a chance to play with the new patches and yes a definite improvement when creating mega tether networks. and I like that they go dark when disconnected, Thanks Devs

ETA?

I've needs to reset console 7timesdue to tethering issues lowering fps to crash each and every time, plz hurry ;)

Edited by TheMartian

Oh, and yeah, to add to the topic at hand... it appears many of the crash issues I was having in co-op have ceased (at least for the hours I played last night without a single crash! yay). So good job!

I never had the tether issue being the 'client joiner'... but the 'host player' had them (odd in an of itself). But the tether issues are better for the host now too.

Great work on getting fixes out pretty quickly!

On 12/20/2016 at 9:56 AM, SES_Adam said:

Starting a new MT for Patch Notes. I've also un-pinned the Merged threads we had in relation to these updated issues.

DECEMBER 20, 2016 -0.2.108.0 Steam (Xbox/Win 10 Store Users should expect these changes in the next patch, aiming for this week).

1. Fix deadlock causing freezes on many people's machines, especially those with dual core CPUs.
  2. Fix 10 different crash issues affecting save reloads, multiplayer joins, and general gameplay.
  3. Decrease performance impact of distant objects
  4. Fix certain performance problems that appear after loading a save.
  5. Optimize tether networks to significantly improve framerate performance.
  6. Tethers now go dark when disconnected from their sources.
  7. Properly disable VR plugins

I am truly floored by the immense acknowledgement, thought, and true presence of  your game. The high priority of pre-alpha state to announce to the gamers a perception of the future of Astroneer.  The fact your team wants to fix these bugs rigorously with the utmost intent of moving forward, is a true breathe of fresh air.  This game not only allows the potential for children to be ecstatic about merging creativity and engineering, within the guidelines of natural physics; but adults as well.  I wish I could be a part of the team just to have a hand in such a great platform for educating the mind in a fun loving manner.  Godspeed you Astroneers ? 

Give read access to your fully task board for comnunity. It will be really cool to know what bugs are you fixing right now in real time :)

On 20/12/2016 at 3:18 PM, Top Astroneer said:

If it's possible can we also add a sensitivity option for using the tool for the Xbox One???

+1 agree. The turn radius isn't great. And some thought spots make the angle impossible 

25 minutes ago, mexahuk said:

Give read access to your fully task board for comnunity. It will be really cool to know what bugs are you fixing right now in real time :)

+1

4 hours ago, TheMartian said:

+1 agree. The turn radius isn't great. And some thought spots make the angle impossible 

I agree as well, and maybe have the deform tool and normal cursor the same speed. It feels odd going from one speed to the next when using a controller.

Is there an Xbox feedback thread? I haven't seen one and thought it might be a good Idea since not all Xbox problems/improvements are the same as PC.

8 hours ago, The C Milk said:

I agree as well, and maybe have the deform tool and normal cursor the same speed. It feels odd going from one speed to the next when using a controller.

Is there an Xbox feedback thread? I haven't seen one and thought it might be a good Idea since not all Xbox problems/improvements are the same as PC.

Yea i suggested an xbox and Steam group separate from one another. This way bugs and any other known issues could be organized specifically as such.

It just make the moderator and devs job a little easier.. Its all about organization..

Otherwise I don't believe the devs will address every issue.. 

Edited by TheMartian

1 hour ago, AKFH Assassin said:

I just had a 800 MB or so update on Xbox One. Is this the patch?

Oh snap!! Really?? Im log on and check now

1 hour ago, AKFH Assassin said:

I just had a 800 MB or so update on Xbox One. Is this the patch?

I would think so hopefully next time they could tell us how big the update will be 

41 minutes ago, GuyverGamingTV said:

latest patch has bugged out start up, cant get the game to start at all. this is on PC btw

I dont know what is in the latest patch, cant find a post on the notes for what just hit 'live branch'. Just a note what hit 'beta branch' ... unless they just went ahead and pushed the beta branch to live only after an hour of testing?

This is where a new thread for each patch would help clarify... also, split forums for steam vs win10/xboners.

On 12/20/2016 at 11:56 AM, SES_Adam said:
  1. Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
  2. Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat bases

Thank you! These two things I ran into and were bugging the heck out of me.

It's crazy, I've played the game for quite a while and have not had a single crash. Maybe I'm just lucky. Trialed it for 1hr on Windows Store, purchased it on Steam. Played before the patches even. Have used 2 rigs, 3 different setups;

• i5-2500k, 4Gb RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Win10 - onboard graphics caused horrible FPS
  • i5-2500k, 4Gb RAM, Sapphire HD4850 512MB, Win10 - no issue, got a steady 60 FPS
  • i5-4570, 16Gb RAM, MSI RX480 Gaming X 8GB, Win10 - no issue, card doesn't break a sweat

The fact it ran so well on the HD4850 surprised me.

Cpu usage is only using a single core, Results in massive performance degradation. 

Not sure if people are aware. Cpu is causing a huge bottleneck as game goes on, Usage caps at 100% and gpu usage tanks.

Hello i've got a problem with my fuel condenser (FC) since this update. It did not get any energy from connected nodes (on which is a solar panel or battery). If I connect a solar panel directly to the FC it works well.

I sincerely appreciate the serious dedication of this team to stability and performance the past few weeks. I've seen a significant improvement in this latest patch! Thanks especially for re-balancing the statistical distribution of resources of research objects. I've finally gotten my first piece of coal and I can now stop filling up storage rack after storage rack of Lithium and Titanium I'll probably never completely use.

Preexisting Bugs:

• Various mined Power resource blocks aren't used by vehicles/structures/backpack after mining/reloading a save
  • Fully mined resource fields continue to show a resource label

New Bugs:

• Partially complete resource blocks (e.g. Aluminum & Copper Ore) that get pushed out of storage slots on a truck with a crane and drill head cannot be picked up off the ground
    • Should these resources be only able to be slotted back into the crane or attached storage on the same truck/rover to allow additional mining to complete the resource block?
  • Related: I now have an unusable partially complete Compound resource block in my backpack that I can't remove, possibly one of the last partially mined resource in my Terrain Tool before the last patch?

Request:

• Camera should follow perspective of crane/drill head when in use - instead it tilts to show the horizon after a few seconds and must be manually tracked
  • Headlight on the end of the crane as with on the heads of trucks and rovers for nighttime use?
Edited by DigitalSciGuy

I don't know what you did, but the truck drives much better now and doesn't flip out when I put research on it. Also research now gives a much broader range of items, not just lithium and titanium. Good job y'all.

On 20/12/2016 at 4:56 PM, SES_Adam said:

---------------------

DECEMBER 22, 2016 - 0.2.111.0

1. by thieving the item like a pirate while launching

heheh.  Opinion much ;)