SES_Adam

STEAM PATCH NOTES - MEGA THREAD

I hope Xbox gets the patch before Christmas, haven't been able to play for 3 or 4 days now because the game won't load saves and crashes to the dashboard. Would be a nice Christmas present. 

Hi guys, we're going to get the Xbox and Windows Store updated ASAP. I would love to have it in before Christmas but once we have the code ready, it's largely beyond our direct control, and may take several business days. I promise we haven't forgotten Xbox!

Just now, SES_Brendan said:

Hi guys, we're going to get the Xbox and Windows Store updated ASAP. I would love to have it in before Christmas but once we have the code ready, it's largely beyond our direct control, and may take several business days. I promise we haven't forgotten Xbox!

dont mean to be annoying but was the UE4-Astro error fixed as well? 

Just want to say thank you guys for being so vocal and cooperative with the patches and progress of your game. It is a very settling feeling to know that this game you have created was worth my $20, and you have already given enough support that I'd be willing to buy the game again on my Xbox at full release!

Thank you System Era <3

Regarding the OP, not a fan of 'mega threads' you keep adding new patch notes too. Would rather see a new thread added for each patch notes, so that specific 'on topic' comments can be made for those. Just food for thought.

So yeah are new patch notes going to be edited into the OP or spread throughout the hundreds of " awsome!/ cant wait till I get it! /why didnt you fix this problem ???/ it's still broke/ duh it's EA "  messages which are bound to clog this thread up

This is fantastic news! Thank You Dev$,  I have it for windows 10 and Xbox One, cant wait to see these changes applied to my platforms. This game has me emerged me since the launch and i have played through the bugs and all and am still just amazed with the direction of this game. you guys are great and I love that you guys aren't just hearing us you're listening and working with us as promised. hope to see these changes soon. thanks again for everything.

This latest patch worked wonders for me. I was able to play for a couple of hours last night with no freeze. Much improved over the minutes I was able to play previously.

I keep crashing instantly at launch :'( pls astroneers gods give me strength to play this game without it crashing right off the bat

For patch note no 6 maybe use like a traffic light system green if connected and gettim oxygen orange if connected but not oxygen and red if not connected and no oxygen so may time ive been down a cave and it has a bkue line cause its connected to another tether but say the first tether at base has disconnected so not gettin oxygen so would be gd to have a visual alert saying something like tethered disconnected or the traffic light system i mentioned but guys great game cant stop playin keep up the great work 

12 hours ago, John Tull said:

So yeah are new patch notes going to be edited into the OP or spread throughout the hundreds of " awsome!/ cant wait till I get it! /why didnt you fix this problem ???/ it's still broke/ duh it's EA "  messages which are bound to clog this thread up

Hehe, I'm pretty sure all that buzz and white noise is why our question won't get answered (or seen) ;) Guess we'll just have to wait and see how they do it. Everywhere else (that I frequent) makes a new thread per patch note release, so discussion on that specific notes can be had. I hate 'mega threads'... they serve no purpose but to clump a ton of stuff into one place that no on ever intends to read or pay attention too.

Edited by Frigidman

2 hours ago, B1uRrFaC3 said:

This is fantastic news! Thank You Dev$,  I have it for windows 10 and Xbox One, cant wait to see these changes applied to my platforms. This game has me emerged me since the launch and i have played through the bugs and all and am still just amazed with the direction of this game. you guys are great and I love that you guys aren't just hearing us you're listening and working with us as promised. hope to see these changes soon. thanks again for everything.

how you do for xbox one ?

Very excited for the improvements to the tether system. Going dark will help with finding interruptionns in the flow. And thank goodness that the frame rate issue is being solved. That was one of the biggest issues I've encountered. 

2 hours ago, FrostSabre said:

What was that about VR plugins?? O.o

It was that for those who have installed Steam VR it launches with the game... Steam thought Astroneer was an VR game because the VR plugins have not been completely disabled.