Wyvyrias

Requires some updating!

Message added by Wyvyrias

On 4.1.2017 at 3:45 AM, Sir_JellyMan said:

Hello, Small question, when should i go to other planets 

That one is more a personal choice. There are higher chances of getting other spawns like lithium and titanium on other planets, but there is plenty of content to run on the same planet for an indefinite period. I personally make a run for a non-terran planet as soon as possible for added difficulty. 

On 4.1.2017 at 4:48 PM, Sir_JellyMan said:

What should I do when I am lost but don't want to lose my stuff

The top two slots of your backpack normally filled with your solar panels or generators respawn with you. You can choose the most important items to respawn with, but unless you've been using beacons to find your way back there's no real on planet map. 

On 3.1.2017 at 2:53 PM, Sir_JellyMan said:

Hello, 

I am new to astronomy and I was Wondering if there was some kind of tutorial in the game. I also have one more question, there are some Unknown objects in the game it says i can research it but  I don't know how.  

I actually made a thread about the basics of the game and various things that would normally be expalined in a tutorial. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to add them to the document for everyone.

21 hours ago, Sir_JellyMan said:

You could create a long chain of tethers going in many directions that spans a very very large area and then just die and loot for the the there net. Personally I feel it isn't too hard to get items back though unless you for say have rocket fuel on your back.

On 12/21/2016 at 3:07 AM, Wyvyrias said:

Play Anywhere is supposed to be be supported, yes. Did you log-in using the exactly same account? If you did, please reply again. I'll forward it then.

When will Xbox and Win10 players can be play together?

1 hour ago, the_gaming_giraffe1 said:

Is it still possible to make a spaceship instead of a shuttle?

Yes. You just need to research it.

Just now, the_gaming_giraffe1 said:

what resources do you need to make it?

It will tell you that once you try to build it in the vehicle bay!

4 hours ago, the_gaming_giraffe1 said:

i know that I just thought you would know

I do. But isn't it more fun to explore? :P

I highly recommend to take a look at the wiki for such questions: http://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Astroneer_Wiki
There you can take a look at all the costs.

Note: The FAQ has been updated with the latest revision.

Edited by Wyvyrias

On 1/17/2017 at 4:05 PM, Wyvyrias said:

There's no ETA on that yet.

Thanks for responding! Hopefully it will be updated in the near future! Wish my friends getting on Win10 version to play with me on Xbox.

Hi, if I buy the game on xbone, can I play it on my computer? Can I play it on Windows 7 without Steam? I would prefer to play it on my computer but not through steam.

4 hours ago, 3Bean said:

Hi, if I buy the game on xbone, can I play it on my computer? Can I play it on Windows 7 without Steam? I would prefer to play it on my computer but not through steam.

If you purchase it on the Xbox One, you can play it on the PC given that you are using Windows 10 and it's store. It will not work with Windows 7.

2 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

If you purchase it on the Xbox One, you can play it on the PC given that you are using Windows 10 and it's store. It will not work with Windows 7.

Nuts. Thank you for the info. I might just upgrade to 10.

On 15.12.2016 at 3:43 PM, thekogamabros said:

Will the game ONLY be available for Windows 10? My computer has all of the needed requirements to run the game, but it is not a Windows 10.

No the game works on Windows 10, Steam, and PS4. Download Steam here and find the game to purchase and install it. It is currently at a price of $20, which will not change due to the fact that it is in Pre-Release Alpha. Although by purchasing it you are supporting further updates etc. Hope this helped.

On 4.1.2017 at 4:48 PM, Sir_JellyMan said:

If you are lost but have access to air you can follow the direction the stars set over the horizon because your original ship will by default spawn on the equatorial lines of your home planet. Hope this helped.

On 24.1.2017 at 3:48 AM, 3Bean said:

Nuts. Thank you for the info. I might just upgrade to 10.

The thing Astromod forgot to mention was that you can purchase the game on Steam, a gaming platform for PC which you can download here (even on Windows 7). The game costs $20 as of right now and will not go on sale due to the fact that it is in Pre-Release Alpha, which means the unwavering cost goes toward helping future updates! Hope this helped.

1 hour ago, fischfun said:

No the game works on Windows 10, Steam, and PS4.

Currently it is not available on PS4.  This is because Sony does not support games during Early Access.

To clear up any remaining confusion if you want to play on PC:

1) You can buy it on Steam, your operating system must be either Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit only), Windows 8 (64 bit only), Windows 10 (64 bit only).

2) You can buy it on the Windows 10 Store, your operating system must be Windows 10 (64 bit only). Open the Win 10 Start Menu, then scroll down and launch the Store app, then enter Astroneer in the search box.  DO NOT use the Windows Store website to buy it.

3) If you buy it on Steam you can only play co-op mode with other Steam players, not with Windows 10 Store or Xbox players.

4) If you buy it on the Windows 10 Store you can play co-op mode with other Windows 10 Store AND Xbox players, not with Steam players.

As of Patch-119 (released Jan 21st)  Cross-play multiplayer between Xbox One and Windows 10 Store PC versions now works.

9 hours ago, fischfun said:

The thing Astromod forgot to mention was that you can purchase the game on Steam, a gaming platform for PC which you can download here (even on Windows 7). The game costs $20 as of right now and will not go on sale due to the fact that it is in Pre-Release Alpha, which means the unwavering cost goes toward helping future updates! Hope this helped.

Will there at any time be crossplay with Steam? If not could users who bought it in Win10 get a game key that they can use on Steam or maybe log into steam through the game and it will add to the library automatically? Thank you!

On 31.1.2017 at 2:49 PM, Golem said:

Will there at any time be crossplay with Steam? If not could users who bought it in Win10 get a game key that they can use on Steam or maybe log into steam through the game and it will add to the library automatically? Thank you!

You can only play on your computer when you have the game on xbox and the computer is running on Windows 10. This is due to Microsoft's smart link program which allows your xbox games to be played in your computer. If you have the key on Windows 10 you can add the games .exe file to your Steam directory, but it would not be the same as purchasing the game on the Steam store itself.

On 31.1.2017 at 7:40 AM, Pi_ said:

Currently it is not available on PS4.  This is because Sony does not support games during Early Access.

My error, I meant to say it was available on Xbox as opposed to PS4. Thanks for clearing that up.

On 31.1.2017 at 2:49 PM, Golem said:

Will there at any time be crossplay with Steam?

Good news though! Due to the most recent update 119, cross platform playing is 100% possible.

1 hour ago, Golem said:

1 hour ago, fischfun said:

Good news though! Due to the most recent update 119, cross platform playing is 100% possible.

Steam is it's own entity... completely separate from the Windows 10 Store and Xbox.  Currently there are no plans for cross-play between the Steam version and the Windows Store/Xbox version.  If you bought it from the Windows 10 Store you cannot play with Steam players.  If you want it in your Steam Library, you must purchase the game from Steam... even if you have already bought it from the Windows 10 Store/Xbox.

Concerning Patch-119, it only allows cross-play between the Windows 10 Store and Xbox versions.  Again, the Steam version is not involved in any way with the Patch-119 cross-play capability.

I know it's confusing.  Maybe it would help to think of it this way, nobody would expect to be able to play a PS4 game on Xbox or vice versa.  It's exactly the same with Astroneer... the Steam version is not compatible with the Windows 10 Store/Xbox version. 

On 2/2/2017 at 9:23 AM, McNutty said:

Out of curiosity, how many people total are working on Astroneer?

During the last Live Video Podcast (Jan 25th) they said that it is only 6 people for now. But looks like they are hiring )

Jeez, I forgot to adjust what threads I follow after I changed the notification settings. Sorry for letting this thread be so "lonely".

On 2.2.2017 at 7:23 AM, McNutty said:

Out of curiosity, how many people total are working on Astroneer?

6 and they're hiring (as MAcroS mentioned)!
http://systemera.net/

On 31.1.2017 at 2:59 PM, fischfun said:

(I merged your triple posts btw)
Just to confirm (because Pi_ already answered it), cross-platform is only possible between Xbox One and the Windows 10 Store version. Steam players can only play with other Steam players. That was pretty clear in the updated FAQ. Of course you're free to use the other platforms if you can.