SES_joe

"Patch 196" - July 21st, 2017

On 23.07.2017 at 1:19 AM, MouseMovie said:

wtf?
Please help, after the release of the patch appeared this error, which does not allow to run the game

AfwEOjPWE3U.jpg

These are the ones I spotted so far:

Almost all items swapped on the printer when cycling through options are put on the attachments top down, also happen in the backpack when an item is put away with TAB.

When you die, your dead body appear near your last save point and is really small, but it is clickable and you can recover the items (you can't see them on the corpse backpack until you click on the slot).

It's really easy to get killed by a vehicle if you un-mount while it's moving forward

--

Windows 10 (1703), 16GB Ram, Nvidia 780GTX MSI, i7-5820k 3.30GHz, game installed on standard HDD

Steam version

Keyboard+mouse/XBox One S joypad

On 7/23/2017 at 1:46 PM, Racailloux said:

As this is a REAL pre-alpha (not like some other games from studios), please considers that you (as the real fans of the concept) must be patient.
WE are the ALPHA TESTERS. So we must use the bug forum and use the template to help the developpers instead of "insulting" them.

I agree that nobody should insult anyone, especially the developers of this promising game.

But having paid $20 for being an alpha-tester, I am not sure I find word "must" is appropriate here.

Edited by Igor M

I understand the mistakes associated with the impossibility of playing no one decides and does not want to decide? I almost can not run the game for almost a week because of the transfer of the game to ue4

On 7/21/2017 at 3:25 PM, SES_joe said:

Intentional, but also, worklights will eventually be able to stand on their own and take power like tethers. Didn't make this update.

Ohh that really sucks, Needing a copper every few steps in a cave for light will really slow down exploration

19 hours ago, Igor M said:

I agree that nobody should insult anyone, especially the developers of this promising game.

But having paid $20 for being an alpha-tester, I am not sure I find word "must" is appropriate here.

Actually, when you buy a pre-alpha game, you don't pay to have a 100% functional game, but you invest in a project that you trust in.

You invested $20 into System ERA to make the dream come true.
So in a way you should accept the revert of the medal, the game is unstable (more or less depending on the version and importance of the changes).

Another point is the pricing : For example, ARK Survival Evolved : A pre-alpha game at $20-30 will become a pseudo stable game in august... the pricing will become $60 for new buyers.
So when you invest in pre-alpha games, that a benefint to game studios (independant ones like System ERA needs financial help), but that's also a benefit for you, long term speaking.

That's totally a point of view, but if you buy pre-alpha games to have cheaper games and rage about playing before the end of the development, I think that you are not in the good mood for pre-alpha games.

8 hours ago, Sir Tubs said:

Ohh that really sucks, Needing a copper every few steps in a cave for light will really slow down exploration

That's the problem of level balancing in a game, sometime that's too easy, sometime too hard.

For lighting, you are not obliged to have 1 by teeter, but only few in the working area.

самая ленивая тех поддержка, которую я встретил, люди жалуются на ошибки и краши после патча, которые не дают блять запустить игру, а им похуй

@MouseMovie нет никакой техподдержки, там вся команда - около 10 человек. И они должны успеть сразу очень много. Я сам работаю в разработке игр и знаю, как много времени всё это занимает. И они ещё учатся работать друг с другом, возможно. Сказано было: пре-альфа - так и есть. Я играю со 115 патча и вижу огромный прогресс за сравнительно короткое время. Уверен, что будут хотфиксы, никто там не сидит сложа руки.

A few things:

1. I've noticed sudden gravitational problems affecting materials that aren't attached to anything. I had yet to discover medium storage & all my stuff was just in a hole next to my pod. My pod had small wind turbines attached and it appeared - though I couldn't be sure - that when the wind started and the turbines started, this somehow caused the materials to lose their weight. I would look around and suddenly they'd be gently floating away from the surface. It only appeared to happen after the small wind turbines started moving.

2. When I hit escape and click on Options, the fps suddenly tanks down to 1 or 2 (from an average of 60-odd) and seems to stay there on re-entering the game. Quitting to the menu and restarting fixes it (as does restarting altogether of course).

3. The large rover is still quite 'light' on the starting world - I though in a previous patch its weight had been increased? Also when getting in and out, it will fly around/flip around 50% of the time. Seems to occur less when getting in on the same side as the seat.

Hope some of this information may be helpful :)

Edited by Franco
stupid typo

16 hours ago, eagroke said:

@MouseMovie нет никакой техподдержки, там вся команда - около 10 человек. И они должны успеть сразу очень много. Я сам работаю в разработке игр и знаю, как много времени всё это занимает. И они ещё учатся работать друг с другом, возможно. Сказано было: пре-альфа - так и есть. Я играю со 115 патча и вижу огромный прогресс за сравнительно короткое время. Уверен, что будут хотфиксы, никто там не сидит сложа руки.

я купил игру в январе этого года, и за это время таких косяков нету, сейчас же, с выходом 196 патча я не могу запустить игру

Hey I play on Xbox One and use the play anywhere feature but for some reason I cannot access any of my saves on pc that I have on Xbox.  I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem that can help me, or if I need to wait for a fix in a new patch. thanks!

Dear gamemakers, Really love this game and thank you so much for developing it! :):) I do have feedback that the Astroneer will always spawn inside thr large rover when alighting. This does not happen for the small rover. Was thinking that the astroneer can exit the rover further out of the rover. If not will get stuck all the time. >.<

And since the 196 patch, the large rover became the most dangerous thing in the game. Always get killed/squashed by it when alighting. :/:/

Hi Guys

Awesome game, Glad i stumbled upon it and have convinced a few friends to play.

The main issue I am having is playing multiplayer on Xbox. Usually after 5 to 10 mins the player joining is kicked, Windows 10 doesn't seem to be able to join at all. Tried multiple variations (joined their sessions, they joined mine. Went to a friends house with a different ISP but the issue persists. Doesn't seem to be an issue on steam as we have been in the same session for hours.

Not an issue but more of a suggestion. When a player joins someones world would it be possible to have the player spawn at the closest habitat to the player who's session it is (so we are close and can work together, say if start another base on the same planet, New players always spawn at the original location the game was started.) or allow the player joining to choose which habitat he spawns at.

Spawning might not be a big issue in the future but since the game usually crashes every 5 to 10 mins when playing multiplayer it makes it tricky to group up or limits us to staying in one small area of the game.

One last thing to add might be a Map or compass or some tool to help with location. I know we can build tether lines but a map (maybe only works on certain planets) These location tools might be left out on purpose to add a challenge factor to the game but just my 2 cents

Either way awesome work and awesome game idea. Refreshing to see something different and i will continue to play, Hopefully this messages helps shape the game moving forward and look forward to the future updates

Hello

Has the multiplayer crash on Xbox One been fixed yet or are you still working on that? I understand that maybe you have various other issues that need to be fixed, but this multiplayer crash that keeps happening makes it very difficult to play with friends. I really like Astroneer though it's an awesome game

Keep up the good work

~Oakley~ :)