slim

I start Astroneer and nothing ever happens.

8 posts in this topic

As title suggests when i try to start Astroeer from steam nothing happens, i get Astro and Astro-Win64-Shipping come up on Task manager but they both just sit there doing nothing using 10mb and 30mb. i thne have to restart the computer if i want to try again as i cant kill the Astro-Win64-Shipping.exe task ad steam says the it cannot run the application as it already running.

I had no trouble installing any of the third party bits and this is on a fresh windows 7 install.

Windows 7  ASUS p9x79   i76950k   GTX1080  32gb of ram.

Thing is this computer comes from someone else that has just upgraded and he ran this game on this Mobo, cpu and ram so i know it runs. Windows is fully updated as well, ive tried everything short of a reformat, though i doubt it would help at this point.

Any help on this problem would be most appreciated.

That kind of bug usually come as a clientside error, aka it's steam's fault.. Usually restarting the steam platform a bunch of times would fix it.

Please do inform us again (preferable by quoting this post) should the problem persist,.

Steam restart is not helping on this one.

Thanks for the quick reply.

You say that that someone else "ran this game on this Mobo, cpu and ram". Is it also the same graphics card? If not, are you sure that any remnants of the driver for the previously used graphics card have been removed and that the driver for the current graphics card is correctly installed?

Have you deactivated the integrated processor graphics, so that Astroneer is forced to use your GTX1080?

Otherwise, I have no idea what could be causing this behavior, I am afraid.

Yeah very sure as its a fresh install on a new HDD, and yes the on board GFX has been disabled.

So....erm...no one here from the dev team then? would realy like to play thins game but if this goes on fer to much longer its gonna have to be a steam refund.

I'm getting this same issue. When I try to launch Astroneer the two processes show up in Task Manager and Steam claims that it is running for a short while, then the processes disappear and Steam no longer claims it is running. When I try to run the game it gives me the option of starting Astroneer in windowed mode, but this does not affect the outcome. Restarting Steam, going offline, disabling the Steam overlay, reinstalling Astroneer, restarting my computer, running the .exe directly instead of through Steam, running the .exe as an administrator, validating the integrity of the game cache, clearing Steam's download cache, and opting in to the experimental beta all do not change anything - this error is persistent and unchanging no matter what I do.

I'll start a report for it in the bug reports forum. Hopefully the developer can get it sorted out soon - I got this game as a birthday present and now I can't even play it! :(

Ok so the last lil update has cured this for me :) multiplayer here i come.