GSRTrent

Game Performance Progress

45 minutes ago, mikk said:

Yes if course it matters in context of the question of GSRTrent. As I said the correct answer is it did not improve. If he is asking how the performance went from launch up to now game he should make it clear. He started the thread in July obviously. In the last couple of months there wasn't any performance improvements made to the game which has been confirmed in the latest dev stream as well by the way.

Yet just by playing in between the last 5 patches or so on Xbox one the game performance HAS increased. Maybe not from a technical standpoint but just overall how the game runs. There’s hardly any lag with the newest update. With the last 3 before the newest update I can tell you for sure that there was more lag and that the game runs better now than ever before whether it be July or last December. 

On 12/9/2017 at 7:34 PM, rileya_c said:

Yet just by playing in between the last 5 patches or so on Xbox one the game performance HAS increased. Maybe not from a technical standpoint but just overall how the game runs. There’s hardly any lag with the newest update. With the last 3 before the newest update I can tell you for sure that there was more lag and that the game runs better now than ever before whether it be July or last December. 

The thing is I haven't played since February (until this weekend).  At the beginning of my new game FPS was high 150+ but as I built stuff and explored it was dropping down near 100ish fps.  I suspect it will continue to drop until it's unplayable again?  So, I'm back to the waiting game. 

The game should run much faster compared to February. In the next update there might be more improvements, I hope so at least.

6 hours ago, GSRTrent said:

The thing is I haven't played since February (until this weekend).  At the beginning of my new game FPS was high 150+ but as I built stuff and explored it was dropping down near 100ish fps.  I suspect it will continue to drop until it's unplayable again?  So, I'm back to the waiting game. 

Yes my game currently is also starting to lag a little bit but I also have a massive underground base directly underneath my starting base. I suspect this is because there’s so much to load in the game that it’s lagging because of that. I haven’t reached the point to where the game becomes unplayable as it did a few months ago. It’s starting to lag but nowhere near as bad. I also have nothing else to do in my current save so when it starts lagging like this it’s in my mind time to start a new save. Good practice for when a new patch rolls out