the best part about astroneer.... is definitely not the hours you spend walking from one end of the map, to the other.... and then back. if we could have a railed vehicle that we could use to move down into the miles of caves that are inside of the planets, it could make movement much easier.

it can be done of two ways:

1. a brand new module, that produces tracks, and railed vehicles, which can hold your large storage, crains, etc. (module examples are vehicle bay, medium printer, etc.)

2. have it build off the vehicle bay and be devoted to railed vehicles and their attachments. 

the rail layout system could be the same as the way you extend your base. stand where you want it to go, then add its resource to build it. (in my opinion it could use either copper or aluminum) doing this will possibly allow for and easier creation of it because it nearly the same for the base extensions. im no programmer, but the way i think it works is already created, all you have to do is just form it to your wants (correct me if im wrong)

creating this will allow you to sit in the train (maybe add a key for it to go to the other end without stopping) possibly go off and do other things in the real world, as you make it to your base with a ton of research following behind you.

it could be a very interesting idea to add a train network in astroneer...  specially when playing multiplayers.   on an other game, im already using a heavy system of trains network,  and i just imagine what i could do on this game with that.   giving the possibility to build a kind of "base on rail" is also a great idea..  but just not too much, the train will still need some stops and refilling and all, a kind of base of operation.. or it will just become OP.   the train should need something to operate it that can be crafted only on a static position, at a base/stop/ect...  maybe his fuel, or anyting to force us to come back to base (after a very long time of course :D

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:01 AM, SammyTheRat said:

it could be a very interesting idea to add a train network in astroneer...  specially when playing multiplayers.   on an other game, im already using a heavy system of trains network,  and i just imagine what i could do on this game with that.   giving the possibility to build a kind of "base on rail" is also a great idea..  but just not too much, the train will still need some stops and refilling and all, a kind of base of operation.. or it will just become OP.   the train should need something to operate it that can be crafted only on a static position, at a base/stop/ect...  maybe his fuel, or anyting to force us to come back to base (after a very long time of course :D

probably have it just like the vehicles, they require energy or hydrozen to move (probably energy) and can only be recharged at the bass station, or while staying still with solar panels

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, SirAppleBottom said:

I absolutely love this idea

ya, the thought came to mind as me and my father were playing together, and we kept getting the truck stuck down in the cave, to try and make it easier to move research

On 25/06/2017 at 0:37 AM, DJMic said:

the best part about astroneer.... is definitely not the hours you spend walking from one end of the map, to the other.... and then back. if we could have a railed vehicle that we could use to move down into the miles of caves that are inside of the planets, it could make movement much easier.

it can be done of two ways:

1. a brand new module, that produces tracks, and railed vehicles, which can hold your large storage, crains, etc. (module examples are vehicle bay, medium printer, etc.)

2. have it build off the vehicle bay and be devoted to railed vehicles and their attachments. 

the rail layout system could be the same as the way you extend your base. stand where you want it to go, then add its resource to build it. (in my opinion it could use either copper or aluminum) doing this will possibly allow for and easier creation of it because it nearly the same for the base extensions. im no programmer, but the way i think it works is already created, all you have to do is just form it to your wants (correct me if im wrong)

creating this will allow you to sit in the train (maybe add a key for it to go to the other end without stopping) possibly go off and do other things in the real world, as you make it to your base with a ton of research following behind you.

Hi,

It is great idea and i like the option 2

But it would take new things to build :

I mean there is a lot of ressources in astroneer close enough from the shuttle. We don't need to go very far to find all the ressources and researchs to build a complete base. (except maybe, to find zebra balls :) )

It would take new things to build who need a lot of different ressources (big things like power plant? Warehouse? train station?). At this time, the train would be very usefull. (And also to find more zebra balls :) )

sory for my English, I am french. I do my best....!

1 hour ago, Al Sypiade said:

Hi,

It is great idea and i like the option 2

But it would take new things to build :

I mean there is a lot of ressources in astroneer close enough from the shuttle. We don't need to go very far to find all the ressources and researchs to build a complete base. (except maybe, to find zebra balls :) )

It would take new things to build who need a lot of different ressources (big things like power plant? Warehouse? train station?). At this time, the train would be very usefull. (And also to find more zebra balls :) )

sory for my English, I am french. I do my best....!

ive started to collect all of them, so when they become useful, I have all of them, and ya, I was mainly thinking it for a transport system through the miles of caves you normally move thorough, it just makes it more.... convenient

[I haven't read the comments yet]

+1111, I was working with a ring of solar panels around the moon for infinite energy, a train with tracks would help a lot. However, train tracks are a bit outdated for Astroneer. It may look amazing if it looks like those high tech floating magnetic trains. But if it looks like most trains now then I'd say don't add them.

55 minutes ago, GeneralClayman said:

[I haven't read the comments yet]

+1111, I was working with a ring of solar panels around the moon for infinite energy, a train with tracks would help a lot. However, train tracks are a bit outdated for Astroneer. It may look amazing if it looks like those high tech floating magnetic trains. But if it looks like most trains now then I'd say don't add them.

no no no, in my mind I'm picturing some souped up train that they create themselves to sorta match with all the vehicles, not some lame old normal train, its mainly just a railed system to help go back and forth between one spot