Minimap

Ulf

Further gameplay makes it really interessting not to have a minimap. So you have to work with teathers and beacons to move arround the globe. Please make no minimap from the beginning it would ruin the adventure feeling. In more much advanced tech. a Satellite that enables a map (for the actually planet) would be cool. (Map but no objectives). Another GPS Satellite (or upgrade for the Satellite)  for the Objects. (Base , Vehicle, other players.) but pls. no map for the wild objects... or ressources. Keep the difficult degree like it is or make it selectable. :)

The game would loose alot atmosphere if there would be a map from the beginning. A first tech in this direction could be a simple compass or the ability to give beacons a name for the point. And storms, Caves and Hills may disturb the Satellite connection. :D

getting lost is part of the fun

I got super lost once inside a very large cave and drove around for like 30 minutes running off of energy globules that i found on the ground/walls, until i found an exit to the surface.

I went to the highest vantage point and looked all around but didn't even see my beacons.

It took me another 15 minutes of driving and scouting (and some lucky turns) and eventually found my home after carving a path through a mountain.

this experience was truly indescribable but I recommend you guys to try getting lost and trying to find your way back home, it was some of the most satisfying gameplay I've had.

I think that's a terrible idea. They already said they wanted no or almost no HUD, and the way you can orient yourself with the floating tags in-world are already good enough.

A good implementation of this would be a "minimap" as a holographic projection from a navigation building specifically designed for this (which you can build at a base).

I disagree with the idea of adding a map in the game.

You are adventuring a new world, where no one has ever visited. How can you have a map for the place like that?

This game is about adventuring, and surviving in a world of no footprint.

Though I can agree for adding a visually comfortable compass and beacons to track your path.

It would be kinda cool in the late game to have a way to launch a satellite and get some sort of GPS or map. Even if it was just pulling up the planet view without launching into space. 

25 minutes ago, koondad said:

getting lost is part of the fun

I got super lost once inside a very large cave and drove around for like 30 minutes running off of energy globules that i found on the ground/walls, until i found an exit to the surface.

I went to the highest vantage point and looked all around but didn't even see my beacons.

It took me another 15 minutes of driving and scouting (and some lucky turns) and eventually found my home after carving a path through a mountain.

this experience was truly indescribable but I recommend you guys to try getting lost and trying to find your way back home, it was some of the most satisfying gameplay I've had.

I sign this. I lost a hole Convoy with tech because i died in the mountains. I was on the other side of the planet. 6 Hours later i seen the convoy from space and i moved him back to base. That was definitly one of my gameplay moments this year. I was VERY happy and the OMFG!!??!?! its still there moment, freaked me out.

12 minutes ago, Eirikr said:

I think that's a terrible idea. They already said they wanted no or almost no HUD, and the way you can orient yourself with the floating tags in-world are already good enough.

A good implementation of this would be a "minimap" as a holographic projection from a navigation building specifically designed for this (which you can build at a base).

Damn the holographic Map in Base is a nice idea!!!

3 minutes ago, HamZta said:

Damn the holographic Map in Base is a nice idea!!!

Thanks!! Before reading this post, my original idea was to have a holographic projection of the solar system, which showed the planets that you had visited orbiting around the Sun. That could also be cool, maybe the holographic projector could be toggled between functions.

6 minutes ago, ZacD said:

It would be kinda cool in the late game to have a way to launch a satellite and get some sort of GPS or map. Even if it was just pulling up the planet view without launching into space. 

This is a brilliant idea, especially when space travel stops being automatic, and I think it plays nicely with mine about having a minimap as a base building. I wouldn't agree to it if the map was a HUD element, however...

2 hours ago, HamZta said:

Further gameplay makes it really interessting not to have a minimap. So you have to work with teathers and beacons to move arround the globe. Please make no minimap from the beginning it would ruin the adventure feeling. In more much advanced tech. a Satellite that enables a map (for the actually planet) would be cool. (Map but no objectives). Another GPS Satellite (or upgrade for the Satellite)  for the Objects. (Base , Vehicle, other players.) but pls. no map for the wild objects... or ressources. Keep the difficult degree like it is or make it selectable. :)

The game would loose alot atmosphere if there would be a map from the beginning. A first tech in this direction could be a simple compass or the ability to give beacons a name for the point. And storms, Caves and Hills may disturb the Satellite connection. :D

Really cool idea dude

Archived