ApoNono

Found something newish?

from the texture and the way it gathers at the end of the gun. it looks like compound.

But astronium ... that's new :D nice finding 

Edited by endurance

7 hours ago, Manosman said:

I made a post about this under exotic materials, some answers came through

ah cool, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything so I figured I would toss it up in a video and see if we could get some discussion started.

4 hours ago, endurance said:

from the texture and the way it gathers at the end of the gun. it looks like compound.

But astronium ... that's new :D nice finding 

Makes me curious what we will be getting to build that will require this resource.  Now I need to build a path to get a drill down in there to bust up that hard rock of it :)

yeah, mine was WAY down too, going to have to dig out my tunnel wide enough to get a truck down with a crane+drill attached I think.

Just now, LeNUTRIE Metanolo said:

I've found Astronium on the surface of a radiated planet. I am not sure yet, but maybe it is more common on that kind of planet.

That would make sense ... the Devs did say the harsher planets had greater rewards. I have not been to any of them yet for my video series but that is good to know :)

If you running out of things to do, and want to find those rare resources, I like to intentionally clip through the ground to look around. You can make a small underground enclosed room, and then fill it, and you will always clip through the floor.

3 minutes ago, ApoNono said:

I have not been to any of them yet for my video series but that is good to know :)

"Radiated" planets are usually closer to the sun and in my case the rotation period was crazy. From day to night in no time and the sky was swirling around like on a carousel. There are also some cool common feature that I will not spoil you. Just be sure to check it out for your videos ;).

Just now, ZacD said:

If you running out of things to do, and want to find those rare resources, I like to intentionally clip through the ground to look around. You can make a small underground enclosed room, and then fill it, and you will always clip through the floor.

Ha! That sounds like a blast but doesn't it take away from the experience of discovery?

Just now, LeNUTRIE Metanolo said:

"Radiated" planets are usually closer to the sun and in my case the rotation period was crazy. From day to night in no time and the sky was swirling around like on a carousel. There are also some cool common feature that I will not spoil you. Just be sure to check it out for your videos ;).

Sweet, thanks for the tip! I really appreciate it.

Ended up finding a grey "rock" next to the Astronium as well but not sure what of the other unused resources it is.

Actually the guy who got to the "core" of the terran planet found astronium at the core. So it's kinda important I reckon

2 hours ago, Quarit said:

Actually the guy who got to the "core" of the terran planet found astronium at the core. So it's kinda important I reckon

Ah, interesting. Didn't see that post, going to have to look it up. Thanks!

What other planets have people found this on? I would expect is would be on Exotic, Radiated and maybe Arid? From a standpoint of being able to get access to.

18 hours ago, ZacD said:

i've dug towards the center of the "terran planet" during 2 hours but because there is no map... i ended up digging in circles. one cool thing was the lack of gravitiy in towards the center. 

the core of the planet is made of blocks of green material. 

one problem are the tethers because they still drop FPS. i connected aprox 200 tethers and my FPS dropped at 15. when I disconnected the chain that was going to the tunnel the FPS went back to 40. 

I don't have the latest specs on the market but my pc is pretty solid. 

so digging is a problem now. I say digging because the drilling takes forEVER ... i tried to level a mountain with a drill and no way JOSE