mutantmarine

Be able to remove platforms so you don't end up getting stuck with 4 like me...

I built my base not knowing you have to add more than one portion(new platform) on every arm of the base so now I'm stuck with only 4 platforms. I can't create anymore... Can you please make it so you can destroy your platforms so that if this happens, it can be easily fixed? If you don't add this feature, I'm pretty screwed... See attached pic. Thanks.

20161219215847_1.jpg

4 hours ago, mutantmarine said:

Yes vehicle recycler too! I just built a spaceship with storage but no seat and now its useless...... ;/

that option should not exist for the shuttle. The storage extension is really useless. I lost a shuttle too. had to bump into it with a truck and burry it by leveling the ground under it . because it ruined the vehicle builder too. you can't use that either while the shuttle is parked there. 

7 hours ago, endurance said:

that option should not exist for the shuttle. The storage extension is really useless. I lost a shuttle too. had to bump into it with a truck and burry it by leveling the ground under it . because it ruined the vehicle builder too. you can't use that either while the shuttle is parked there. 

Yeah that's what happened to me... and I couldn't build a new vehicle platform because I was landlocked

2 hours ago, Forsaken Tag said:

You do know by placing a printed 1 seat or a found seating into the larger storage the vehicles are still useable

I just found this out :D thank u.

14 hours ago, mutantmarine said:

I just found this out :D thank u.

i didn't know ... i guess i still have a lot of options to explore :) thanks 

I do agree. If you able to build, you should be able to destroy / demolish and get back at least some of resources used for the type of the building / vehicle.

Oh how much this is needed! Though, would the materials you use... should they be refunded or partially refunded after initial placement?

Or how about a full preview before the final placement has been set? As the platforms do seem to really be quite funky...

Yes this feature would come in handy to be able to unhook our bases and physically pick them up and move them to another location then re-connect them back up.

If base extensions and vehicles/vehicle modules were all completely customiseable and moveable I think it would be fine to allow the player to deconstruct them even if they lose all the resources you'd be able to destroy something if you really wanted to at least, instead of just moving it somewhere else.

9 hours ago, Knouvael'Qeskre said:

Oh how much this is needed! Though, would the materials you use... should they be refunded or partially refunded after initial placement?

Or how about a full preview before the final placement has been set? As the platforms do seem to really be quite funky...

I would say partially refunded

1 minute ago, mutantmarine said:

I would say partially refunded

That sounds good to me! Perhaps half the materials from all you placed. Such as a printer. You would get one (or two, because to get the platform you need three resin in order to get the printer) resin stack back along with one refined copper stack.