Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Rolvaag said:

Something like this should definitely have a higher payoff

Yes it should. I have to say I was quite disappointed in the prize... Like I was so excited that I found this mini-game, but the prize... oh the prize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After all this minigame stuff - maybe you can combine all these parts with one of those thrusters you can find out there and create a whole new spaceship?!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone try powering up multiple satellites at the same time and still got the minigame?

Since I didn't know what those guys did, I ended up giving power to 3 of them before returning to my base. When I did, no minigame thingy appeared. My friend on the other hand, found only one, powered it, and got the minigame panels.

Glitch, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tobi the goat said:

Did anyone try powering up multiple satellites at the same time and still got the minigame?

Since I didn't know what those guys did, I ended up giving power to 3 of them before returning to my base. When I did, no minigame thingy appeared. My friend on the other hand, found only one, powered it, and got the minigame panels.

Glitch, maybe?

I was working on it with a friend. I had him power up one of the satellites while I went back to base to look. We both have nVidia Share (Previously Shadowplay) so I wanted to record what happened when you powered it up. Unfortunately, when he, the client, powered it up, nothing happened. We found another one in the same cave and the same, nothing happened.

 

I'm beginning to think that it has to be powered by you, the host, within a certain proximity to your base. A client cannot power it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin said:

Drag them closer? Try again..

They are static objects. You can't move them from their original spawn no matter how hard you try... I had two trucks with four winches total and... nothing...

 

There's something that triggers it at your base, but I do not know what it is. Next time I find one on a new save, I'm going to place a habitat right next to the thing and hope for the best. Because it does work, albeit sporadically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't know that, I know you can drop them into the ground, never tried winching them.   I guess part of the explosion and reward system maybe doesn't allow them to be moved.

However the opposite may well be more worthwhile, building habitat next to them.. should be less time consuming.  So long as you can identify the trigger that starts the minigame and if it'll occur/spawn at that habitat and also if you can do this with multiple satellites or it only happens once per game etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2016 at 0:03 AM, p1nkbr0 said:

I'm beginning to think that it has to be powered by you, the host, within a certain proximity to your base. A client cannot power it.

The proximity limit is definitely a thing.

Not so sure about the client, since on my solo save it also didn't work when I powered two at the same time. Yet, every time they're close to base (roughly the distance of one suit + tank of oxigen) it seems to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2016 at 11:47 PM, koondad said:

Wont let me edit

but coming back from another planet / load session has kind of glitched the satellite dish, it is frozen in air.

but heres the underside of the satellite dish

20161220214441_1.jpg

 

That satellite section has an RTG attached to it! :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started playing this game yesterday, and came across some kind of satellite/solar panel, that looks nothing like any of the pictures posted. I dug all around it and it came free, and I was able to push it with my rover and character. I pushed it all the way to my base, dug a hole for the base of it, and manipulated it into position and filled the land around it to hold it up. I put it really close to the socket of one of my base fixtures, hoping I could someone connect it to my base and harness the power it generates.

I wasn't able to connect it directly to my base, but was able to do it using the rover. satellite>rover>base :)  When the sun is out it has a LED bar to display it's power levels.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I started a new game right after this most recent update. I found one of these satellites. I connected a battery to the port on it and waited for the yellow light to come on, then I went back to my only base. I don't have any panels, so I suppose it still has some bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20-12-2016 at 1:48 PM, koondad said:

I found like 4 of these satellites in the same cave, but giving them energy did not start any mini game at my base.

I did however find a lot of satellite dishes as well, i don't suppose they're related?20161220022438_1.jpg20161220003331_1.jpg

from them you can hear a slight radio frequency noise that is indiscernible

 

a radio frequency you say?
some early satellites used to take pictures and send them back as sound if you can give me a recording of the sound i cant run it through a spectrogram and see what it looks like. make sure there are no other noises though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dutch said:

a radio frequency you say?
some early satellites used to take pictures and send them back as sound if you can give me a recording of the sound i cant run it through a spectrogram and see what it looks like. make sure there are no other noises though

Yeah that's what I was thinking while I was on vacation and unable to do anything here...

17 hours ago, Lachdenan said:

So, I started a new game right after this most recent update. I found one of these satellites. I connected a battery to the port on it and waited for the yellow light to come on, then I went back to my only base. I don't have any panels, so I suppose it still has some bugs.

It seems to be sporadic. Some people get it to work, some people don't. I haven't been here for a week, and I haven't been able to nail down what causes it.

I do know that the minigame is directly related to being able to pull the top off of the satellite. I could not do that on any other one. Only in the one I completed the minigame in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the inactive panels pop up at base (buried in the concrete so that half of them were inaccessible) never having interacted with any underground satellites.

So perhaps passing close enough (having the satellite loaded/rendered) is enough to spawn the panels.

Edited by tyroney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tyroney said:

I had the inactive panels pop up at base (buried in the concrete so that half of them were inaccessible) never having interacted with any underground satellites.

So perhaps passing close enough (having the satellite loaded/rendered) is enough to spawn the panels.

Yeah. i'm not sure what spawns them. But all i know is completing it allows you to open the satellite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2016 at 5:51 AM, dutch said:

also, the spacecraft looks suspiciously allot like the new horizon spacecraft

 timeline-5.jpg?itok=mSxH8W_y 

 

I believe that is the point... Now the question stands... why is Hubble and New Horizons and other satellites buried deep underneath strange planets... was what caused this interplanetary gold rush the result of the satellites crashing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found the minigame panels, next to my habitat on loading a saved game.  Problem is, I've not been anywhere near a crashed sat.  Only vehicle I've seen is a crashed large shuttle.

Edited by Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My minigame panels are stuck 90% under the ground in front of the habitat. I can't change the ground at that point because it's the grey stuff under the habitat. Guess I'm not doing the minigame :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all 4 of my saves I have found the satellite and powered it up and all 4 of them the panels have spawned in the grey unmineable part under my habitat. :/

i think you have to get a lucky initial landing that is below what the game engine thinks is ground level. (I'm guessing the coordinates for the panel spawn are 0,0,0)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vicomt said:

My minigame panels are stuck 90% under the ground in front of the habitat. I can't change the ground at that point because it's the grey stuff under the habitat. Guess I'm not doing the minigame :(

 

 

9 hours ago, Mentaltentacle said:

all 4 of my saves I have found the satellite and powered it up and all 4 of them the panels have spawned in the grey unmineable part under my habitat. :/

i think you have to get a lucky initial landing that is below what the game engine thinks is ground level. (I'm guessing the coordinates for the panel spawn are 0,0,0)

Interesting bug. I was, rather luckily, able to mine the gray area around my base. Perhaps you do just have to get lucky in that regard. I haven't had that problem in my second go, although it did take some moving around as I was only able to see a tiny sliver of the button of one of them. (just barely enough to click it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now