Thank you, me and @Manosman found an underground satellite around the same time. We both noted our discoveries in this thread, but for clarity's sake, we'll combine it Here.

Basically, these satellites are a minigame. They are stationary, and cannot be moved with a winch. They have one slot to connect power to. Do it, and the mini game will begin.20161219171226_1.jpg

Once the satellite is powered, go back to your base. (I'm not sure if it's your first base, as I only have one at the moment) Your base will contain two new flashing displays.20161219173342_1.jpg

These are puzzles. The red and blue one will light up frist. In the middle, lights will alternate. That is the sequence you need to enter by pressing the big red and blue buttons. Once that is complete, the next display will light up, moving back and forth. 20161219173504_1.jpg

Dig down a little to reveal a new button. This is actually a stacking game. Stack the squares to win the game!20161219174140_1.jpg

Once you win the game, you'll hear an explosion. Go back to the satellite and remove the top. You'll be presented with your prize!!20161219174937_1.jpg

Holy sweet Jesus. I posted about these strange panels that spawned by my habitat yesterday, but had no clue they were linked to the underground satellites. Can anyone else confirm that you need to connect a power source to it for the panels to appear? Because I do not recall doing that, but had the panels appear. I would assume the power is needed for the panels to work, as they did nothing for me.

Awesome find!

Yeh indeed.. adam your puzzle is resolved.. you'll need to add more now.  People smarter than me in the world.

I just buried any satellites i found.

@pinkbro now you'll need to explain how the marbles work..

Edited by Martin

what is the prize? it looks like a bit of lithium, tell me your get something besides a lump of lithium?

27 minutes ago, Ashar said:

what is the prize? it looks like a bit of lithium, tell me your get something besides a lump of lithium?

Well, I hope so... God I hope so, but that's what I got.

2 hours ago, Martin said:

@pinkbro now you'll need to explain how the marbles work..

You build a giant hand and flick them against other marbles... obviously

3 hours ago, p1nkbr0 said:

You build a giant hand and flick them against other marbles... obviously

It'll have to be a working model tho, we're pc gods afterall.. maybe something with a hidden ramp and a truck to simulate the flick.

I found like 4 of these satellites in the same cave, but giving them energy did not start any mini game at my base.

I did however find a lot of satellite dishes as well, i don't suppose they're related?20161220022438_1.jpg20161220003331_1.jpg

from them you can hear a slight radio frequency noise that is indiscernible

Edited by koondad

11 hours ago, koondad said:

I found like 4 of these satellites in the same cave, but giving them energy did not start any mini game at my base.

I did however find a lot of satellite dishes as well, i don't suppose they're related?20161220022438_1.jpg20161220003331_1.jpg

Awfully strange. The whole turn of events could have been a whole string of strange, oddly related coincidences. Basically, I powered it up, I came to base, the panels appeared. I completed one puzzle, went back, it was still powered. Completed both puzzles, heard an explosion, went back, the satellite was no longer powered and I could remove the top...

3 hours ago, p1nkbr0 said:

Awfully strange. The whole turn of events could have been a whole string of strange, oddly related coincidences. Basically, I powered it up, I came to base, the panels appeared. I completed one puzzle, went back, it was still powered. Completed both puzzles, heard an explosion, went back, the satellite was no longer powered and I could remove the top...

How close was your base to these satellites?

maybe it has something to do with proximity, the ones i found were far ways from my home

15 hours ago, koondad said:

In the second picture the gray object to the left appears to be an RTG (Radioisotope thermoelectric generator). If that is the case the satellite already has power.

Does the second satellite have a node you can connect to?

Edited by Jfields5
Added the Question

Quite close, actually. This is all generally speaking, but it was fairly close to base as there's a cave right near it.

1 hour ago, koondad said:

How close was your base to these satellites?

maybe it has something to do with proximity, the ones i found were far ways from my home

56 minutes ago, Jfields5 said:

In the second picture the gray object to the left appears to be an RTG (Radioisotope thermoelectric generator). If that is the case the satellite already has power.

Does the second satellite have a node you can connect to?

it had nothing to connect to,

but there was a white circular dish? that may be just for a placeholder

I'm on a different planet at the moment so I'll have to fly back and find it again

12 minutes ago, koondad said:

it had nothing to connect to,

but there was a white circular dish? that may be just for a placeholder

I'm on a different planet at the moment so I'll have to fly back and find it again

FYI it's another famous satellite the New Horizons. Launched in 2006 with a Jupiter and Pluto Flyby. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Horizons

And the first one might be Voyager 1 or 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_1

Edited by Jfields5

Wont let me edit

but coming back from another planet / load session has kind of glitched the satellite dish, it is frozen in air.

but heres the underside of the satellite dish

20161220214441_1.jpg

On 12/19/2016 at 9:59 PM, Ashar said:

Something like this should definitely have a higher payoff