Sign in to follow this  
jderpz

Biggest step to be made

I feel like this game has got to focus on optimizing it for lower end computer to run so more people can enjoy the game , i feel that its one of the more important features to work on first before added more content and such, not saying that add content is bad first but content is nothing if the ones to want to experience it cant. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Ps. I also crash everything i try to join my friend but my other friends can join him. so sad lol

i dont know where xbox one sits on the scale of minimum and recommended system requirements but, do hope it is kept optimised, and not crippled by content designed for the high end.

System Era is doing their best to keep the requirements as low as possible. Astroneer is still receiving patches for various crash related and performance issues. This is not necessarily an issue with your PC, but these bugs. Even some state of the art rigs cannot run it smoothly right now. But as said, it's being addressed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just registered here to say what was said above. I personally have a quite decent rig, as I also play more system-demanding games, but as I saw Astroneer today for the first time, instantly my first though was:

FINALLY! A game that I can actually play with my kids!

I've built them a rig from the leftover pieces of my own computer as I've updated gpu and cpu and whatnot over the years. So it does not have the latest tech, but it would seem that it can run The Astroneer without a sweat. (GTX 560ti, i3-2120, 4Gb RAM)

It also helps that my daughters are extremely interested about all things related to space, and as any kids, about gaming. Nevertheless the game looks interesting enough for an adult like me to play. And I've played a lot, since early eighties. Also it is NOT a MMORPG which are an instant turn off for me. 1-4 players co-op is just perfect to keep the experience in handle with a selected group of people, without having the loneliness of single-player game. The game should also stay away from violence (or at least offer a possibility to toggle it off for minors) but have still enough tension to keep the gameplay exciting.

What we really, really now need, is a support for Linux and/or Steamplay. Please make it happen, and I will immediately purchase four copies.

Hands down, the coolest game since...well...ever!

Edited by Backlum Chaam
typos