[Merged] Trapped in Seat - Moved seat to ground while in it

Here's a photo:

What I did and how it happened,

I ran up to my rover, clicked TAB to enter and it was on uneven plane - result:

BUG.PNG

Edited by Wyvyrias
Mass merged

Steam, Mouse/keyboard

I went into a seat I placed on my truck, my friend lifted me while in my seat and put me on the ground, Now I can't get out of my seat, my friend can't lift me back up and i'm stuck. The game saved and I have no way to fix this issue and no idea if there is a way to delete the save.

Steam/Keyboard/Mouse/GTX1080 No FPS issue.

Created Shuttle base and attached a Single Person Seat. Got into Seat, Moved Seat to ground (still in seat). Game now stuck, cant get out of seat.

Send food. Help...me...

20161216214250_1.jpg

Edited by Kygar

Just did this but much worse. (and cooler) I landed on the other side of the planet before I did it. My seat disappeared under the world. I reloaded, and I started in space, in my seat, no spaceship. The seat orbited a little and dropped me from space somewhere on the planet. So, I'm face down in a cave, somewhere, who knows. I can't die, can't move, game over.

This occurred when I was driving a truck and my friend clicked on the seat and was able to take it off the truck while I was still inside. This lead to my character unable to exit the seat. My friend was also unable to put the seat back onto the truck. 

20161217031927_1.jpg

Hi all 

Awesome game but there are a few bugs :D

1st is that if somebody is in your world with you and you are sat in a seat on a truck and then they lift you up while your sat in the seat you are stuck in that seat  for ever you cannot move, or look at your backpack you are stuck in there and the other player that took you off the vehicle won't be able to put you back on. I am like this now in the game and now the svae is useless as I cannot do anything at all it is unplayable now.

2nd the winch is glitchy as well as you can pull many ropes out of the winch and stick it to things and then you have a spider. You cannot get rid of the mulitple winchs untill you restart the game.

I hope you sort the seat glitch issue quickly as I cant play that save now.

20161217235127_1.jpg

20161217231959_1.jpg

20161217234211_1.jpg

I was building a shuttle with the vehicle bay thing, and then connected a 1-seat to it but it somehow got out of the shuttle itself. No matter how much I pressed TAB, I'm completely stuck. A friend of mine also tried digging the floor under the seat so that I could run out of oxygen or something, but it didn't work and apparently I'm stuck forever in an underground cave. I'm playing on a W10 x64 PC with the steam version.

20161217150039_1.jpg

Edited by RoR14

I've also encountered this problem. It only attains to the one-seat you find in crashed ships. If you use the ones that you craft from the vehicle bay, you can avoid this entirely. 

20161217031927_1.jpg

20 minutes ago, Benko said:

I've also encountered this problem. It only attains to the one-seat you find in crashed ships. If you use the ones that you craft from the vehicle bay, you can avoid this entirely. 

20161217031927_1.jpg

Oh, I'll keep it in mind. Nevertheless, I suppose I'll either wait for an update or start a new game.

Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one with this problem. I tried to solve it by having a friend move me away from (in this case) the shuttle digging me underground; result can be seen below. I really hope the devs will do something about this, I don't want to lose my entire save due to a stupid issue.

20161217151057_1.jpg

Edited by RoR14

1 minute ago, RoR14 said:

Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one with this problem. I tried to solve it by having a friend move me away from (in this case) the shuttle digging me underground; result can be seen below. I really hope the devs will do something about this, I don't want to lose my entire save due to a stupid issue.

20161217151057_1.jpg

I've already recreated my character - I wasn't to far along in the game.. It was a slight annoyance xD

1 minute ago, Badwolf said:

I've already recreated my character - I wasn't to far along in the game.. It was a slight annoyance xD

Sadly, I had been working on that world for the two days the game has been out, so while I can perfectly create a new character I'd rather the devs put in a suicide option or something related to fix issues of getting stuck in general.

Just now, RoR14 said:

Sadly, I had been working on that world for the two days the game has been out, so while I can perfectly create a new character I'd rather the devs put in a suicide option or something related to fix issues of getting stuck in general.

Agreed, may I ask: PC or XBOXONE?

My vehicle platform crafts vehicles inside another machine, when i get up the seat, and get down, i get stucked in other machine.

And when i was on seat my friend moved seat with me inside and i cant leave seat nevermore, and saved game was lost, we had to begin another game, sorry for my english, i only want to help, thanks you

Edited by dagorlad

I was playing astroneer on my Xbox one. I had a rover, and a 1-seat on it. I was driving and one of my friends managed to take the 1-seat off my rover with my character in it. After he put me down(not on the rover) I was unable to remove/kill myself. So until the bug is fixed, I'm stuck.

Playing on PC, keyboard/mouse. I was messing around and figuring stuff out, built my first shuttle. Didn't know how it worked, so I just threw the 1 seat I had found on it on the side closest to the vehicle building thing. I could get in the seat and launch fine. But when I got out, I got stuck in the building falling. I was able to hit tab to get back into the seat. After getting back in the seat, I was for some reason able to pick up the seat and place it on the ground. Now I am sitting in a seat on the ground. Pressing tab does not get me out. Restarting the game doesn't fix it. I can select the seat (blue circle goes away), but I cannot place it anywhere. Clicking on the shuttle connection points while the seat is "selected" just un selects the seat. Not mad about loosing the save, just thought the bug should be reported. 

20161217230538_1.jpg

In a multiplayer game we placed 2 "1-seat" seats on the truck, and both players got in.  The player who had joined my game accidentally picked up my seat with me in it, and dropped it on the ground.  He was unable to pick the seat back up to replace it on the vehicle, and I was unable to exit the seat.  I had to exit to the main menu as I wasn't able to do anything in the game, but now every time I try to load that saved game the game crashes me back out to the Xbox menu.

Steam, Laptop, Mouse and Keyboard.  
I landed back down on my homeworld and exited my shuttle, I then reentered the shuttle and proceeded to hover over the storage boxes on my shuttle.  I hovered over the seat which I was situated in and removed it while sitting.  I placed the seat beside my shuttle.  This resulted in me being unable to exit the seat, or move the seat in any way after placing it.

My shuttle was a standard shuttle with a storage expansion on it, 2 storage addons, a solar panel addon and the seat which I had been sitting in and removed.

I am now stuck in this seat unable to do anything except move nearby objects20161218065933_1.jpg

20161218070040_1.jpg

20161218070030_1.jpg

Are you still seated on the floor when you load the game?

If so maybe invite someone a friend with the game to see if they can move your seat ?