Badwolf

[Merged] Trapped in Seat - Moved seat to ground while in it

That happened to me too. I came here to see if there was anything I could do to solve it, but probably the best thing is to start a new game :(.

I have the same bug.

I built a Shuttle first, I traveled a little distance, and came back by foot. Than I built a Rover and I tried to land the Shuttle back.

My two vehicles were on the same plateform and the seat has been ejected.

Now the Rover disappeared, the seat is beside the Shuttle and I can't TAB of the seat anymore.

Party is over...

PS : I already tried to relaunch the game.

Is it possible to restore a previous save?

Sans_titre_1.pngphoto libre

Edited by phantomatik

Hey there, I had the same problem yesterday with a shuttle. I tried having a friend dig the floor under me so that I got away from the base and maybe suffocated, but to no avail. I even moved myself next to the gas things that kill you, but it still didn't work. The only way I can think of to free yourself would be having a friend set up dynamite next to you, but I believe it can only be found in corpses while exploring so that's rather difficult. I've seen many other people with this problem on the forums, and I hope the devs can do something about it ASAP. I don't want to leave my save over this stupid issue :/

2016-12-18.png

@SES_Jacob This looks to be really similar to an issue we found in the F&F builds with the 1-seat.

@RoR14 Try getting someone to reattach the seat to an attachment point. You may be able to hop out then. (At least, that is how we got around it)

18 minutes ago, MercFox1 said:

@SES_Jacob This looks to be really similar to an issue we found in the F&F builds with the 1-seat.

@RoR14 Try getting someone to reattach the seat to an attachment point. You may be able to hop out then. (At least, that is how we got around it)

I'm going to try now, thanks!

While sitting in a 1-seat, you're able to to detach it from your shuttle/spaceship. Once you do this, you are no longer able to get out of the seat, nor reattach it. You're unable to interact with the world whatsoever.

If you reload the save, you'll spawn falling endlessly, while sitting in the seat. The entire save will be useless.

Playing on PC.

A simple solution would be to make it impossible to remove the seat while sitting in one.

When a player is in a seat on the shuttle and another player moves the seat while someone is in it the person in the seat can not get out even if you restart the game completely.

Using Mouse/keyboard on Steam

After creating a new base on the moon orbiting Terran I attempted to launch from the moon back into orbit to return to Terran. Attached to the shuttle was a 1-seat in which my character was in and a large storage which had two research objects attached. The fuel tank was about half full.

On clicking the icon to launch into orbit the 1-seat along with my character disappeared. After exiting to main-menu and reloading I found my character stuck in the 1-seat about 100 yards from the shuttle and unable escape. Pretty much soft-locking the game. F12 does nothing as well as tab.

20161218142343_1.jpg

I've found out that the game has two saves in the save folder; the most recent one, and the previous one. So maybe if you go to the save folder and delete the most recent save you manage to recover the game. I too have this issue and found out about the two saves too late.

1. Mouse and keyboard
  2. Steam
  3. What were you doing leading up to this bug? I was on the spaceship and landed on another planet.
  4. Any steps that we can take to reproduce the bug on our end is appreciated. I crafted the spaceship and landed on another planet, I was clicking around and suddenly I clicked on the seat of the spaceship (the same seat I used on the car or the truck), I was able to drag the seat around with me sitting on it. Suddenly the spaceship disappeared, the ground disappeared too and I was falling down the ground. I fell to the ground a few meters below but now I couldn't exit the seat nor drag it around. No way I can continue that play as I can't do anything.

something similar happened to me. when i was sitting in my rover someone joined my game, and removed the chair from the rover, that i was sitting in. then they proceeded to dig a hole underneath me, very deep, then bury me, while i was stuck in the chair. My oxygen did not deplete, therefore it ruined my savegame. 

So I was playing with my son and I was sitting in my Rover, trying to drive out of a hole. My son was helping by forming a ramp in the ground. Suddenly my 1-Seat popped out of the Rover with me in it and now I can't get out! Pretty sure my son "accidentally" pulled the seat out of the Rover! I tried reloading but the character is still sitting in the seat...

PC

Windows 7 64-bit

32 GB RAM

GTX 1070

Edited by PSJR

i had a problem when we were playing coop  the seat detached from the car and my friend couldn't get out of it we restarted the game but he was still stuck

20161219050622_1.jpg

then he kept teleporting every where20161219050646_1.jpg

we crated a new world then we kept spawning in the ground

20161217005413_1.jpg

A friend and I had a rover with two seats attached to it. I (the host) got into one of the seats, and he (the client) was then able to pick the seat up and move it around with me still sitting in it.

He dropped it on the floor, and was then unable to pick it up again. I was not able to get out of the seat (pressing Tab didn't do anything) so I'm trapped in the seat, lying on the ground. The world has saved like this, so there is no way to fix it that I can find.

(Awesome game, by the way :D)

So I started a multiplayer  game yesterday, we played for about an hour figuring things out. We finally crafted a car with 2 seats. We both got in and I stared to drive. When I pushed the gas his seat flew off and started orbiting me at a fast speed. If you want to see look up my Xbox one capture (informa1burrit0).  I was able to get out but he couldn't exit the seat after it landed on the ground. 

So, we decided we would kill him. So I dug a hole and covered him. Well that didn't work, he fell through the map into infinity. And still today he's falling ?

It's a known bug. If you're in a vehicle seat and someone moves the seat from the vehicle with you still in it, you'll get stuck there. Nothing to do other than restart and potentionally start a new world

Same issue here. Went to my planet's moon and when I tried to launch my shuttle my seat on top bugged out and now i'm just lying on the moon unable to move or exit my seat. 

Save me please..

fef30a8e4e.jpg

Platform PC

Using Mouse/Keyboard

Trapped in Seat on the ground.  I placed a Seat-1 object onto a SpaceShip (thinking it was needed).  I then used TAB to get into the seat.  Somehow, I was able to pick up the seat while in it, and I I then placed it on the ground.  Once on the ground, I was not able to exit the seat, nor could I interact in any other way.  Dead end condition.

Try exit game and reload, if that doesn't work, start a new game.  Oh and next time, get out of the seat before moving it.

i loaded up my world save where i was ahead and i loaded in on a 1-seat (of which i never used) and can not exit the seat. i tried reloading the save again and nothing changed. it will not let me exit the seat or move it or anything.

20161219195420_1.jpg

My buddy and i were playing multiplayer when he lagged out (my internet is the worst) he joined back in just fine and went to pick up his stuff that was on the ground. i drove my truck up next to him trying to be funny. he tried to grab something from under the truck and accidentally plucked the seat i was sitting in off the truck and dropped it. i am now stuck in the truck and cant get out/cant be moved back onto the truck to get out. now my best world is ruined cuz i cant get out (havent tried getting killed). i just want my world back haha... Steam, PC, Keyboard/Mouse. Win 7. pic: tbq9wpw.jpg 

Edited by Miniogre48