Sign in to follow this  
professor_utonium

Save File Keeps being deleted

Save files are randomly being replaced by other save files. Save file 1 looked deleted, so I started a new game. I saved that game, came back the next day, and save file 2 was replaced with save file 1, which I thought had been deleted. So the next day i started a new game (because save file 1 was too laggy to do anything), and played that for a while. Came back and save file 3, had been replaced by save file 2. I'm so confused; I just wana pick up where I left off. :/ 

To be safe, when I have restarted, I chose one of the other characters of the 4 you can choose from. I have juggled 3 saves, manually deleting 1, and still play the other 2, while bouncing back and forth between beta and non-beta version with so issues of losing save files.

Are you choosing the same character each time? Perhaps each character is only offered one save slot, and gets overwritten?

Just to cover the bases, the save files are located to the right of the 4 selectable characters at the main menu. The pods for these saves appear as transparent blue outlines of the habitat module, with a date and time of the last save located in the file.

Are you able to post some screenshots of these save files showing the loss of save files?

Yeah here I got some pics. The first one shows 3 save files, one that I had just got done playing, and two from before. 2 of them are the same character I guess, but the other is a different character. 

After, they disappeared, but the first play through is here. 

They're randomly there, then not there. It's super weird. 

astroneer.png

astroneer002.png