p1nkbr0

Some Base Modules Will Not Power

I'm having a problem with many of my modules on my base (smelter, printer, etc.) not being able to be powered unless there is a power generator of some sort literally on the module itself. Everything is connected, but some of the stations will not get power on their own. Any solution for this???

You need it to be like a web, your work benches/modules can't be linked together or power wont reach them. You need to have power modules in between otherwise it breaks the power link.

I hope this makes sense?

2 minutes ago, MagnarHD said:

You need it to be like a web, your work benches/modules can't be linked together or power wont reach them. You need to have power modules in between otherwise it breaks the power link.

I hope this makes sense?

I mean they are, but my base is set up like a rake. Some stations get power, some don't. It seems pretty random. Do the amount of generators play a role in this?

Super, super basic diagram.

╔╦╦╦╦╗
PPNPPN

P=Power, N=Not-Powered

PPNPPN looks like the sequel to 'PPAP'... xD 

But yeah, there seems to be a way of building that eventually breakss power connections, if it happens you can work around it by moving a filled small/big battery to the broken building when you need it. Else, extend your base again and build the same building again.

Not sure how to actually fix it other than waiting for an actual bug fix :( 

Yeah, luckily one of the stations that isn't powered is a research station, so no items need to go on the sides. However, my Printer is another story....

Thanks for your help, you guys. I guess I'll be relocating eventually! Tundra looks like a neat planet. (I had a bad experience with Exotic)

Edited by p1nkbr0

5 minutes ago, p1nkbr0 said:

I mean they are, but my base is set up like a rake. Some stations get power, some don't. It seems pretty random. Do the amount of generators play a role in this?

Super, super basic diagram.

╔╦╦╦╦╗
PPNPPN

P=Power, N=Not-Powered

Excuse Microsoft Paint, but this is how I have started doing it with no issues. I'd usually just place 2 solar panels and 3 batteries and the supplies the rest.

eaafd64603e14d78458520d2ca35923a.png

Here is my problem. You can see that the Large Solar Panel is on the node directly adjacent to the Fuel Compressor, yet the fuel comporessor is not gaining any additional power. It's almost powered, but not completely because the battery I placed on the station itself ran out of juice.20161219155927_1.jpg 

The screenshot is a little misleading/not very clear, as it looks like the power from the solar panel is going through those power conduits in the opposite direction...

Now, I'm assuming it's coincidence that the energy is going that way. It's a bug that's known to me, so I'm not gonna suggest that your condenser isn't being fully filled because of all that solar power being used up in the opposite direction :P It does suck that it's bugged like that. 

If you really don't want to try building another condenser to see if it works properly I might have a workaround if you'd be interested? Not sure if it would work.

But try putting a rover or truck parked in front of the condenser till the ghosted image of the power cable appears on it's front AND back end (if you can somehow manage that), you might be able to plug both cables into buildings, one end going into the front of the condenser and the other cable going into the building next to the condenser?

That might work. And, yes the power is going away from the condenser... to a battery as the the station itself is not receiving power. (Stations take priority over battery filling in my experience)

Having the same issue, the bug only started today. I have created a couple of new games to find out where the issues are but can't seem to find a fix but I have replicated the problem every time. You can build a couple of modules onto the station but after 2 or 3 whatever you build no longer receives power e.g. Printer, fuel condenser, vehicle builder etc.  . Previous saves have also been effected so something has definitely gone wrong.  Think I might just wait till the next patch to hopefully fix it. 

Edited by FluxEffect

Had the same issue last night. I couldnt tether to those stations  that wouldnt be powered either almost like they were not there at all. I use a leaf type system normally, but last night 2 of the workbenches just stopped working as normal

Untitled.png

16 hours ago, FluxEffect said:

Having the same issue, the bug only started today. I have created a couple of new games to find out where the issues are but can't seem to find a fix but I have replicated the problem every time. You can build a couple of modules onto the station but after 2 or 3 whatever you build no longer receives power e.g. Printer, fuel condenser, vehicle builder etc.  . Previous saves have also been effected so something has definitely gone wrong.  Think I might just wait till the next patch to hopefully fix it. 

Interesting theory. I have a base built directly from a space-ship, and all the workstations have power. However, on my main base, 2 out of the 6 or so don't. I wonder if it's related to the actual habitat, but doesn't affect the space-ship/shuttle bases

Dont expand you base while tethe attached; if you do you need to attach tethes to non bugged places. Sometimes base expansion may cack the map also if you land to same planet land cacks again. This land cacks can block oxygen and enegy tansfe. While building base always build it aound habitat and than place empty nodes wokplaces must be at the end of base and not connected with each othe like a tain; it must be like a spide web connected to habitat not anothe machine.