Amphysbaenas

Iron ??? What is that for????

Well I don't speak French but I assume it says 'Hematite - Iron Ore'. Now, as with any ore you should be able to put it in your Smelter to refine it into Iron. I've never found this and have never seen any items or buildings that require Iron so I would have to assume that there isn't a use for it currently... :/ 

7 minutes ago, Amphysbaenas said:

I find this in a cavern.... How can i use it?

20161219142645_1.jpg

20161219142708_1.jpg

Currently, it has no actual use! But in future updates they will add content for it. So in the mean time,  stock pile them away for a rainy day!

23 minutes ago, Daroguetoaster said:

Currently, it has no actual use! But in future updates they will add content for it. So in the mean time,  stock pile them away for a rainy day!

Isn't that Titanium in the picture? It looks the same. 

47 minutes ago, MagnarHD said:

It does look like Titanium. I only know English, so I am trusting that the mineral in question does say iron, but looking at the wiki there is indeed iron listed on the site.

52 minutes ago, MagnarHD said:

4 minutes ago, Daroguetoaster said:

It does look like Titanium. I only know English, so I am trusting that the mineral in question does say iron, but looking at the wiki there is indeed iron listed on the site.

The other resource with no use also looks like titanium but a different colour, so hopefully it's just because they're unfinished additions. I do like that different items look very different, even the different ores :) 

And yeah, Hematite is an iron ore :P

On 12/19/2016 at 6:10 PM, Amphysbaenas said:

I find this in a cavern.... How can i use it?

20161219142645_1.jpg

20161219142708_1.jpg

I also find three or four bunches I got from excavating tool. It was in the same cave of the exotic planet. When they update a real use for it, I'll share my experiences. Thanks for asking,I was just about to start a thread. Please let me know if you find it otherwise in other places. 

Unfortunately, I think you have to start another game from the beginning to enjoy the new update. I read it somewhere in the patch note mega thread, and that's what happened to me for the 0.2.111.0.

8 hours ago, Whitedog44 said:

Unfortunately, I think you have to start another game from the beginning to enjoy the new update. I read it somewhere in the patch note mega thread, and that's what happened to me for the 0.2.111.0.

So now u can use the Iron Ore ? In the newest version ? 

Well, didn't go so far with the 0.2.115.0. In fact I played for 5 or 6 hours, then I reloaded later, and found my game full of bugs ( terrain discontinuity, bugged truck, and a few others ), so not up to play until the next version ^^

The only new feature I've noticed is the help given at the start, and maybe the truck is even more playable. But in the 109 and the 111 release, I had very few bugs in the first planet and the moon, and more and more bugs when settling in the others, so being heavily bugged in the first planet take the courage out of me, for I guess that now the hollidays are over, there will be a new version very soon, and I'll have to start from the beginning for the 4th time.

I've heard that the devs are giving priority to fix the performance problems before adding new features that may bring other bugs to deal with ( that is quite logical ), and as I can see for now, the 115 is not a good try. I just reported it, I keep an eye on the forum to give help as much as I can, and wait for the next version.

On 1/1/2017 at 7:28 PM, HintOfLime said:

Nope, it's still just for show

I appreciate it ! I can not wait to see what it is used for ! I see this intro/trailer  where some spaceship has huge modules, and I do not mean the kind I already have that can hold 1 seat, and large storage, and huge tank,  It was bigger and cooler than that. I wonder when we are gonna get these types of spaceships.. I feel it might be for this, but still do not know ?!?!?! I patiently await lol. 

Aren't there small hidden features that aren't listed in patch notes (only for us users to discover and talk about at the forums?) :)

5 hours ago, Whitedog44 said:

Patch notes only talk about bug fixes. The new features are to be discovered by yourself ;)

In that case,. I found a satellite on Exotic plant by the Northern pole region of trees, that I know will be something. Its lights where blinking, and I know that there is a place to attach something. I put a beacon in it, but maybe some power might do something. Also on the Aridif plant, there is a large green pillar somewhere buried in the  side of the hill. I have no idea what it is yet lol. The thing I talked about earlier, was the older build like this ... @ 30 sec. This is nothing new or special, just the old build it looks like. I thought that ship was something new n special, but it is a pre-beta build of the ships. 

i

On 2016-12-20 at 0:43 AM, MagnarHD said:

On 2016-12-20 at 1:32 AM, Daroguetoaster said:

Here you go! ;) in English! And yes it looks very much as titanium both shape and colour (probably because they have not made a unique look for it yet) see the second and the their picture. ;)

Skärmklipp 2017-01-16 16.53.44.png

Skärmklipp 2017-01-16 17.01.22.png

Skärmklipp 2017-01-16 17.01.29.png

Edited by alfredjonn

12 minutes ago, alfredjonn said:

Here you go! ;) in English! And yes it looks very much as titanium both shape and colour (probably because they have not made a unique look for it yet) see the second and the their picture. ;)

Currently there is no use for Iron. The resource is in the game but there is no research that uses it yet. Also the Smelter doesn't know how to use it either.