Sign in to follow this  
Draximal

Radar and Map System

I think it will be good to have map and radar system. Because even I have truck  (oxygen recource) I cant go far.

Beacons is doing job but for example if we have radar dish and contruct on our base and lets think it have 2 km search range. So we can plant radar dished around the planet with energy resources around them (solar for day light and some batteries to maintain all day) we can discover without thinking beeing lost.

How about a comm or survey satellite so we can see connected beacons or relays (survey stations like for weather) and I don't care how it is done but good god we need to have a permanent home heading or beacon we can always see

I like the idea. The radar dishes should have a better range as high as we build them and/or a triangulation system (something like we use at least 3 of them to determine an area that  limits the coverage) ,  and the satelities should have partial dynamic coverage, needing 3 or more to cover the entire planet at once.
As for the map itself I dont really know how to solve it, but I'm thinking about an object that you have in your backpack, that you'll have to deploy on the ground to have it work, a map object or an computer or something.

With the Radar, a weather system which warn you when a storm is in range, or closing in,  with eta and direction on storm/wind , ect..