Sign in to follow this  
ariesbt

Game crashed and reload the saving crash again

first of all, great game, thank you very much.

play with Steam, Windows 10

i'd played few hours and everything was fine.

But when i pull over the rover beside any "platform"(sorry i played in other language and dont know how to switch to english), it shows i can connect the rover to the platform, then i did.

because i place the platforms little messy at the beginning, i thought maybe i can tow the platform with the rover to re-organize the layout of the base.

then, i jumped up the rover and pull, game crashed, i tried reload saving it crashed again. so i guess i cant continue the old process again. 

i made a new saving, it reloaded properly.

anyone knows the solution regarding to that issue?  

CrashReportClient_2016_12_17_04_42_48_593.jpg

Edited by ariesbt

found a temporary solution. in AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames, there are actually two saving file for each astronaut, the latest one and the one before that, so i renamed the latest so it wont be picked up by the system.

and the saving in the game successfully replaced by the second latest saving, so i can continue.

it is a "insurance" the dev put in the game on purpose? cause its a live saver.  :3

saving.jpg

2 minutes ago, ariesbt said:

found a temporary solution. in AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames, there are actually two saving file for each astronaut, the latest one and the one before that, so i renamed the latest so it wont be picked up by the system.

and the saving in the game successfully replaced by the second latest saving, so i can continue.

it is a "insurance" the dev put in the game on purpose? cause its a live saver.  :3

saving.jpg

I think that two save files aren't enough, my save got corrupted and both save files are crashing to desktop whenever I try loading them

i tried to redo the "bug" again by attach the rover to the platform to charge, then move the rover.

this time game didnt crash, rover just simply detach from the platform.

Astro-Win64-Shipping_2016_12_17_05_04_02_399.jpg

Astro-Win64-Shipping_2016_12_17_05_04_15_734.jpg

11 minutes ago, Gon said:

I think that two save files aren't enough, my save got corrupted and both save files are crashing to desktop whenever I try loading them

later you can manually save the crucial save files in a new folder

I've just had the same issues but can't find the save folder, I had a truck attached to a rover attached to the platform and moving away caused the game to crash. 

2 minutes ago, TobyWMM said:

I've just had the same issues but can't find the save folder, I had a truck attached to a rover attached to the platform and moving away caused the game to crash. 

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames\ 

you need to turn on ""show hidden files, folders and drives""  in folder options first