SES_joe

"Patch 189" - June 16th, 2017

48 posts in this topic

i don't know why but the second i drove my car around after the new update it started flying away like really far it was twice as high as a mountain and showed no sigh of stopping so i jumped out and i went through the planet then backup to ground then on the back i sufficated also i want split screen

33 minutes ago, gp. said:

tbh, I prefer flat (the left one)

It seems a bit inconsistent, though - virtually everything in Astroneer is smooth shaded - except the terrain. I suppose they could set some sort of critical angle so you still get some edges, but IMO it would be nice if gently sloped terrain actually looked like a gentle slope rather than a bunch of triangles.

I've been noticing something weird with the vehicles. I play on Xbox and when I go to explore with a vehicle and I hit a slight bump the vehicle will take off into the air not like a little of the ground but I've had an event where I floated out of the planet this could be apart of the game because of the way gravity works but I don't think it's suppose to work like that.

Posted (edited)

During tries to recover the flying car on the orbit of small barren planet, tethers suddenly lost their "power" to conduct and became black, one screen shows them and other - flying car ^_^

Picking up one of tethers close to the base seemed to alleviate the problem and the car was eventually recovered and pinned with the fat cable - I jumped and landed on the falling car and managed to enter it as we fell :P

20170618013913_1.jpg

20170618010432_1.jpg

Edited by maxikg

Ok I have a Problem and I'm Scratching my head. I know how to Enable/Disable experiential but,  Either I misunderstand who actually has access to 190 or something is seriously wrong with my build. (Steam)

I for some reason can not get the 190 to install no matter what I do. I have deleted the folder switched from Experimental to regular and the only thing I can get is 158 on Steam.

The only thing I have not done is Sacrifice A chicken.... and Honestly, I can not do that today, its to hot outside to get Chicken Entrails on me.

Any Thoughts.. Thanks

23 minutes ago, Macaronis said:

Ok I have a Problem and I'm Scratching my head. I know how to Enable/Disable experiential but,  Either I misunderstand who actually has access to 190 or something is seriously wrong with my build. (Steam)

I for some reason can not get the 190 to install no matter what I do. I have deleted the folder switched from Experimental to regular and the only thing I can get is 158 on Steam.

The only thing I have not done is Sacrifice A chicken.... and Honestly, I can not do that today, its to hot outside to get Chicken Entrails on me.

Any Thoughts.. Thanks

Close Steam, wipe your appcache (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\appcache) and try again.

23 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

Close Steam, wipe your appcache (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\appcache) and try again.

After 12 years of Steam, I have never had to do anything like this even after juggling countless Early Access Betas and Opting in/out. While it didn't fix it I did see a Gotcha I found and Cleared the issue up. For Some Reason back before I did the Opt Change I forgot I didn't remove the Folder from the (Standard Drive that Steam Defaults to) I actually use a Separate 2 TB Drive for my Steam Games. It wasn't actually linking to the correct folder. THANK YOU THOUGH!! all fixed now.. This actually gives me a good excuse to reform the Computer anyway after this last round of BS Win 7 updates my Computer starting acting a little more flaky then I like. Its time to give my Machine a Fresh Install so maybe will do the machine some good. Cheers

1 hour ago, Martin said:

Any v190 patch notes?

Any sign of 190 for windows store? Its now 2 days and still no update

7 hours ago, Martin said:

Any v190 patch notes?

v190 is literally just the sound fix.

14 hours ago, Macaronis said:

After 12 years of Steam, I have never had to do anything like this even after juggling countless Early Access Betas and Opting in/out. While it didn't fix it I did see a Gotcha I found and Cleared the issue up. For Some Reason back before I did the Opt Change I forgot I didn't remove the Folder from the (Standard Drive that Steam Defaults to) I actually use a Separate 2 TB Drive for my Steam Games. It wasn't actually linking to the correct folder. THANK YOU THOUGH!! all fixed now.. This actually gives me a good excuse to reform the Computer anyway after this last round of BS Win 7 updates my Computer starting acting a little more flaky then I like. Its time to give my Machine a Fresh Install so maybe will do the machine some good. Cheers

Thanks for reminding me that I should consider the option to mention that the experimental has been checked for some reason. :ph34r:
I always forget about that possibility. Anyway, glad it now works for you!

3 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

v190 is literally just the sound fix.

This Tweet suggests that there is more:

Edited by Marck

1 hour ago, Marck said:

This Tweet suggests that there is more:

Yeah, the SteamVR fix. Though I didn't see any reports about this and it was supposed to be fixed months ago.

but I have steam, 190 and no sound fix for me.. I try all, reinstall, .nosound, reinstall sound driver ( I have Xonar STX )

On 6/18/2017 at 9:17 AM, maxikg said:

During tries to recover the flying car on the orbit of small barren planet, tethers suddenly lost their "power" to conduct and became black, one screen shows them and other - flying car ^_^

Picking up one of tethers close to the base seemed to alleviate the problem and the car was eventually recovered and pinned with the fat cable - I jumped and landed on the falling car and managed to enter it as we fell :P

20170618013913_1.jpg

20170618010432_1.jpg

Did you do your own stunts or did you have a double?  :D

On 19.06.2017 at 5:03 PM, Nirriti said:

Did you do your own stunts or did you have a double?  :D

I jumped on that falling car by myself, the idea was to use the fact that the car's physics turns on when the Astroneer is close to it, my friends were helping building the "towers" to reach that car though ^_^

9 hours ago, maxikg said:

I jumped on that falling car by myself, the idea was to use the fact that the car's physics turns on when the Astroneer is close to it, my friends were helping building the "towers" to reach that car though ^_^

Lol, I know.  Was just being silly.  Would have made a great action gif for the game though.

W10 updated to 190 Sunday night.  Thanks for all your hard work on the bugs.

I would like to request the option to put wheels on the top of my rovers in the next update as I spend most of my time upside down in the thing now.  Or, maybe less boulders?....please.  Can't run the rover flat out with all the boulders.  I haven't seen my rovers floating in the solar system lately.  Although, I've just been playing around with the research system.  Thruster works awesome now and would like the option to turn it off and on rather than have it just go off on the back of the truck...truck leaves, I'm still standing there.  Still fun.  Would like to put thrusters on habitat.  I really need that.

Thanks for all you do.

Just want to say that I'm glad the sound issue for Xbox was resolved. Almost got caught out by a pesky dust storm because I didn't hear it coming up behind me. Oh, and of course, it felt lonesome without the music😋.

You all are doing a great job! Love the game and can't wait for further improvement. Looking forward to a finished game one day, but come back about every 6 weeks to start over just to see what's new. Thanks all for the unique entertainment experience!

SES, it is so many bugs that is new after patch 153 that I cant believe it. Invisible gas in the Caves is a game breaker... My stuff at that expedition is as good as lost.  When I came back after it the items were divided into single items instead of being attached to a backpack, and they sunk into the ground and disappeared before I could recover all of them. Then more invisible gas and I died again. The planet radiated have been unplayable for me after update 153, it is like the astronaut have to wade through 10 cm of syrup on the surface. I have to jump all the time to get araound,And it lags much worse than it does on Exotic, in the same savegame. But Exotic give me invisible gas. When i returned to Terran the astroneer walked slow in the storm-movements even if no storm was around. It didnt help to save and reload the game, I had to get out in space and back again to solve it.

I lost a truck full of equipment into space on terran,  I hit a bump and my truck slowly floated into Space! When i pressed tab it stil lfloated, but when I released the seat ordinary gravity Applied (and it fell Down on the other side of the planet and it is by no means productive to  try to discover it rather than making the same truck and cargo again)

In adittion I have been on Terran, Barren, Radiated, Exotic, and stil no spaceship blueprints.

But no update seem to fix those new bugs, who make testing more tiresome where it was pure fun before patch 153.

Edited by Moonminer008

21 hours ago, Moonminer008 said:

SES, it is so many bugs that is new after patch 153 that I cant believe it. Invisible gas in the Caves is a game breaker... My stuff at that expedition is as good as lost.  When I came back after it the items were divided into single items instead of being attached to a backpack, and they sunk into the ground and disappeared before I could recover all of them. Then more invisible gas and I died again. The planet radiated have been unplayable for me after update 153, it is like the astronaut have to wade through 10 cm of syrup on the surface. I have to jump all the time to get araound,And it lags much worse than it does on Exotic, in the same savegame. But Exotic give me invisible gas. When i returned to Terran the astroneer walked slow in the storm-movements even if no storm was around. It didnt help to save and reload the game, I had to get out in space and back again to solve it.

I lost a truck full of equipment into space on terran,  I hit a bump and my truck slowly floated into Space! When i pressed tab it stil lfloated, but when I released the seat ordinary gravity Applied (and it fell Down on the other side of the planet and it is by no means productive to  try to discover it rather than making the same truck and cargo again)

In adittion I have been on Terran, Barren, Radiated, Exotic, and stil no spaceship blueprints.

But no update seem to fix those new bugs, who make testing more tiresome where it was pure fun before patch 153.

Ive has a couple of the same problems but i keep getting old saves and im tired of it i delete my save after every update and i keep getting my old worlds back.