Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Off

Base Building=No Protection

So after I died from a sandstorm I decided to make a large dome over my pod so I do not get hit my debris. Once I got one wall up and a storm came the debris still came through the wall. Like it was not even there at all. I do not know if you can craft structures I just started. But I hope that either taraformed  bases can block the debris from hitting you in the future. When you go undergroup it blocks it so I did not know why my dome gave no protection.

The walls of you dome might have been too thin. Sometimes I used to encounter the situation where I'm caught out in the open and I build a wall to protect myself, and it doesn't always work (which is why I now dig a diagonal tunnel downwards when a storm comes).

As far as I can tell, the terraformed terrain has to be at least a certain thickness before it 'registers' as being able to block storm debris. So, if you're done walls are on the thin side, try making them thicker. That should cause them to register, and therefore protect you.

of course, if the dome walls you made are already thick and this still happens, then I'm sorry to say that I don't know what else to suggest.

Perhaps you are too far from the wall? At least for me it works to form a small protrusion and duck behind that.