Secret Squirrel

Welcome Fellow Astroneers!

Hey all! 

Just saying Hi to all my fellow Astroneers! Super excited to see this community grow as the game develops. Been lurking on the forums waiting for them to go live. 

Hope everyone has managed to get through the week without going crazy waiting for release day!

What are you plans once you get the game? I myself am buying 4 copies and will be gifting 3 to my friends. I know we will be playing all weekend, hopefully we can rush the tech tree by Sunday! 

Edited by Secret Squirrel

I guess the forums are not locked anymore..... 

Yup super excited, but at the same time don't want some friends that do not understand early access to be turned off by the incompletion. Some people forget it takes years to fully flesh out a game and that this is an even earlier build than a beta.

Very excited at the road map :-)

9 minutes ago, Litho said:

I guess the forums are not locked anymore..... 

Yup super excited, but at the same time don't want some friends that do not understand early access to be turned off by the incompletion. Some people forget it takes years to fully flesh out a game and that this is an even earlier build than a beta.

Very excited at the road map :-)

Seems they 'ninja' unlocked them. haha. 

Yeah I play on PC and all my friends are on Steam. We all take part in a number of EAG titles so luckily that is of no concern. We all know how Early Access goes.

Really looking forward to this game and can't wait to see the community around this game grow. I was around for when Minecraft first entered Alpha and understand, as stated above and in livestreams, how it can take some years for a game to be fleshed out. I'm so impressed what you've released so far and glad to be a part in shaping it's future.

Much love and I wish you the smoothest of launches.

Fish

Although it wasn't necessary, I upgraded my PC's GPU, PSU, and RAM! I'm really excited for this to launch. Like Fishpit above ^, I also signed up on MC in its early day, and it's just sweet to see how stuff like this grows/changes/progresses/and benefits from that initial launch. Ugh! Is it Friday yet?!

Can't wait for tomorrow! Good luck out there. Is there a channel for crazy findings and screenshots?

Hi everyone.

1 hour ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Hope everyone has managed to get through the week without going crazy waiting for release day!

Well there have been a bunch of gameplay videos out over the past few days.

1 hour ago, Secret Squirrel said:

What are you plans once you get the game?

Make one of them trade centre things. Every streamer so far ignores them but they seem like the perfect way to get ahead - converting any nearby renewable resource into whatever you need.

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Hi everyone.

Well there have been a bunch of gameplay videos out over the past few days.

Make one of them trade centre things. Every streamer so far ignores them but they seem like the perfect way to get ahead - converting any nearby renewable resource into whatever you need.

Oh man did I fall down that rabbit hole. As soon as the NDA Embargo was lifted and the flood of video came in on Twitch and Youtube. I watched most of what was posted on Tuesday. But got a bit annoyed with all the 'reviewers' who don't even know the game and derp out the whole time. Most of them are just trying to get hits because it's a new game. 

And I agree, I have seen many people skip over the 'trade' module. And I am like "Did you even watch the Dev stream!" 

48 minutes ago, urstin said:

Although it wasn't necessary, I upgraded my PC's GPU, PSU, and RAM! I'm really excited for this to launch. Like Fishpit above ^, I also signed up on MC in its early day, and it's just sweet to see how stuff like this grows/changes/progresses/and benefits from that initial launch. Ugh! Is it Friday yet?!

Dude I just got a GTX 1070. Can't wait to eat this game up with it lol. Congrats on the upgrade that's always a good feeling. And preach! Friday should be here already haha. 

Ok, so it's currently 9:47am 16/121/2016 and i am yet to see Astroneer go live on steam haha, i'm little tilted because i was up till 1 waiting for this game but no signes of it yet. i guess i'll have to wait till tomorrow before it goes live :(. The anticipation is killing me!

32 minutes ago, LeeTheG666 said:

HI i just finished the trial what an epic game roll on full release ,anyone else on xbox ?

Trial? Where? Here Xbox player Europe Time.

1 minute ago, FredOrange3 said:

Trial? Where? Here Xbox player Europe Time.

Windows Store, but i cant download it for some weird reason

30 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

And I agree, I have seen many people skip over the 'trade' module. And I am like "Did you even watch the Dev stream!" 

I'm pretty sure no-one I've watched (most of them now) did. Was interesting / amusing seeing them go into the game blind though and see how they coped. Or not.

ok folks what i did to get the trial early is change my time 14 hrs ahead and change location of my console to new zealand restart console ,go to store and search Astoneer game will pop up option to buy or play trial, hit play trial download is just over 1gig ,

when finish switch location and time back enjoy