Mindstormer

[Merged] FPS Drop Reports

9 hours ago, Sir Tubs said:

such a shame too, like i would be playing it still but i just cant, tried but cant, i even went on the moon and it was still glitchy as hell, lets just hope they fix it by the new year

Let's face the truth. Despite of new, fresh idea and fun - game became unplayable. I don't know if this game has been released to early, or just developers celebrating Christmas being happy about popularity of this game.

I said already, promise has been made "this game will be different from NMS" - I can't agree more. NMS when been released has some problems, but it was playable since very beginning. Astroneer, despite two patches released so far, became unplayable. Well done System Era, you accomplished something what never been possible in NMS. You're pioneers!

Prior to the most recent patch (0.2.115.0) I was getting around 80-100 FPS in any situation -- very smooth gameplay all of the time. Though suddenly since the game updated I am getting about 35-40 FPS ..

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

I have installed new GPU drivers (376.33) just to test but the problem remains. Aside from GPU drivers, I have not made any changes to my system or hardware.

2600k @ 4.4
980 TI 6gb
16GB DDR3 1600
P8P67 Deluxe
Win7 x64

PS. I love the game !

Edited by Borker

I game on 1440p on a gtx 970 and was getting 60+ frames. Now it has dropped down to 24 fps and won't go higher. It's unplayable until fixed.

Same FPS problem since update 0.2.115.0 .  Frame rate is so low it is unplayable.

- If in single-player, frame rate too low to play

- If in multi-player, frame rate appears to be normal for guest player, but not for host player (me).  The guest can play as usual, but I cannot.

- Previous to update, no problems at all with frame rate.  No changes were made to hardware or drivers; definitely related to Astroneers update.

Frame rates have always dropped the more you play. To say you were constantly getting 100fps tells me that

1. You haven't played very long  

2. Not explored much

3. Not built much 

4. Just not been keeping an eye on the frame rates. 

Its just the way the game is at the moment, the more you explore and build the game is trying to render it all. 

15 minutes ago, HellHasNoFear said:

Frame rates have always dropped the more you play. To say you were constantly getting 100fps tells me that

2. Not explored much

3. Not built much 

Its just the way the game is at the moment, the more you explore and build the game is trying to render it all. 

No, that is not even remotely close. I have done all of that. 

I was playing the night before the patch getting high FPS. I got home from work the next day and updated it, and then suddenly it's running at very low FPS. It is none of the above you have listed .. 

I know how to troubleshoot a PC, so please re-read my original post. 

I noticed a massive performance drop over time. After playing for an hour or so i noticed that the game became very slow and unresponsive. First i thought it was because of the ever expanding base but after i restarted the game the performance was back to normal.  It seems that the performance drop over time becomes bigger with more modules build. So i have to restart the game more often to keep it playable.

This happens in single and multiplayer.

HWInfo.txt

Edited by thenubus

On 29.12.2016 at 1:16 PM, Nasedo said:

Let's face the truth. Despite of new, fresh idea and fun - game became unplayable. I don't know if this game has been released to early, or just developers celebrating Christmas being happy about popularity of this game.

I said already, promise has been made "this game will be different from NMS" - I can't agree more. NMS when been released has some problems, but it was playable since very beginning. Astroneer, despite two patches released so far, became unplayable. Well done System Era, you accomplished something what never been possible in NMS. You're pioneers!

Guys , relax and calm down. I had the same frustration and got very sad about this. But one thing you can do is complain, the other thing is, you can look for fixes by your own. I searched here for people with the same issuses and a bigger amount of knowledge behind. Some guys told me to check my config, the rewrite it. One other said to check my nvidia config . the result is , i improved my frames by my self. well the second patch gave me something as well . all things things together made it playable again , for me .

so .. guys . i give thanks for everything here. its so nice and still so young ... we are test players ... it should be an honor.

When you spawn into a new world your game runs perfectly smooth. Then when you progress and start to build your base the frame rate starts to drop. I would love to be able to play astroneer without this problem. ):

Hey i dragged (via winch) and connected the Giant Solar Panel to my base on Terran, but right after i got it running (which was a chore) but now my frames per second (FPS) is super low, and keeps lagging, just stopping for several seconds at a time.   It so bad, can't play the game anymore.  I saved it and came back in, but still keeps stopping ever few seconds, then it continues, then stops, just grinds to a halt.   

I tried disconnecting it (giant solar panel), but still have super lag in frame rate. 

Also, when i run away from the base, seems to get better, but when i run to the base, it slows down, way down. 

Steam/ Windows 10 

Edited by Spoo here
Edited

Yeah, know what you mean. loving the game but unfortunately as you progress and get somewhere it starts to lag out or fps drop. hopefully a patch will sort this

It lags every 5 seconds and i have three bases ( one full other 2 just pod ) but i have a spider web of tethers. And a bug i had is a rover went into the ground i couldn't take a picture fast enough to show the people.

Yeah I build almost everything there is to build. I build a space ship a 5 cart rover it was amazing. The games great but after playing for so long and progressing I started to lag. I did not this much of it at the time just thought it was my internet. But then it started spiking and freezing and it was unplayable. So I made a new world to see if it was my internet and it was not... can we please fix this soon. Maybe if you have diffent files for each world or chunks or something. 

22 hours ago, HellHasNoFear said:

2. Not explored much

3. Not built much 

Same as OP, although new to this forum, I'm not new to testing  or troubleshooting.  The problem described didn't appear after progressively exploring or building new items, it occurred suddenly after the update.  Reading other forum posts, it has impacted others who also report it occurred suddenly after the update to the same degree that the game is unplayable.

I play astroneer on the xbox one and after progressing for a while the frames per second dropped to 2 fps

Edited by Potato Man

Astroneer processes the whole game at once everywhere you explore the game will constantly have that section active the more you explore the more the game has to process 

Obviously, the game drops fps when exploring too much. I always restart my game, so i can be back at 60 fps+. Too many assumptions on why peoples frames are lower, which have nothing to do with  the game causing actual framerate lag.

Had a case of super-low-fps at my base earlier today.   Thought it was connecting the Big Solar panel, but not so.  Seems to be related to my triple-attached truck.  Once quit using three-trucks attached fps was fine. 

Steam/ Windows 10