Mindstormer

[Merged] FPS Drop Reports

13 minutes ago, Daroguetoaster said:

I am fairly sure the framerate drop is linked to what is being rendered in the world. The game is keeping caves and tunnels you have explored rendered, as well as every object you create, harvest, knock over, and move. So as you play, more and more of this world is being rendered at once, which puts major stress on your computer's resources.

This is actually what i was thinking ^ I just hope that they fix this asap because i love this game and i want to enjoy it with 60 fps not 30 or less :D

Serious issue with frame rate and sound effects, after playing for 1 hour+. Game became almost unplayable when one friend joined my game and the sound effects got a lot worse. 

I have built a considerable amount of my base and have a some what large amount of resources in and around my base. 

Playing and enjoying your game on the Xbox one. 

Edited by TLMxbox
Forgot to tell you my console

4 minutes ago, Ninonakki said:

This is actually what i was thinking ^ I just hope that they fix this asap because i love this game and i want to enjoy it with 60 fps not 30 or less :D

It is definitely on their radar. I'm sure it will roll out fairly soon :)

Xbox one needs a serious look at... I'm on my second save on the second fresh game that I've started and unfortunately I'm having the same results. 

And to clarify I know it's a preview and I'm very happy that I am a part of it. I also truly love the game and have been enjoying every moment that was playable.

There's really nothing to report because every aspect of this game has a bug after an hour. I've been hearing it could be the tethers,  but who knows...

I have had two smelters that have glitched out and were permanently unusable through both playthroughs ( twice in both games)

Vehicles and tethers start disappearing 45 minutes into the game.(gone permanently)

The FPS start dropping down around the 32 minute merk and gets worse as time goes on.

Whenever you enter back into a saved game, the items in your backpack are floating above it.

There needs to be an option for sensitivity when using the tool or carrying objects.

The camera overlooking the character needs to be looked at for clunkiness and sometimes awkward angles.

Also when filling in holes if you get caught between the wall of the hole and the filling, you go through the wall and fall through and end up dying losing any valuable items in your backpack.

If there's any dev's or if anybody knows when the first update will be for the Xbox One please leave a comment down below letting me know.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait for the first update to come back to this game. If they can at least solve the FPS problem, everything else is doable until they can fix it...

Thank you

12 hours ago, SES_Zabir said:

You guys are right on! We, the dev team, have root caused a lot of the issues to the same things mentioned here. The major items we'll push a patch for soon is:

1. Tether network is very expensive. We under estimated their uses and working on a new algorithm that will hopeful alleviate some of the issues there.
  2. As you explore and uncover huge parts of the world, our streaming system isn't quite keeping up and unloading everything it should. We are trying to track down all the bugs in this area.
  3. When playing MP, the host experiences worse FPS than the clients. The host is the authority and because of this it has the double duty of verifying what all the clients are doing is actually correct and sync to the correct game state. To attack this, we'll continue to optimize the game and will be a slow burn as we improve things every week.

Hope this gives a bit of insight to the problems and how we are trying to address them.

Its good to hear communication directly from the devs. Ill be keeping an eye out for a patch. 

49 minutes ago, TLMxbox said:

Serious issue with frame rate and sound effects, after playing for 1 hour+. Game became almost unplayable when one friend joined my game and the sound effects got a lot worse. 

I have built a considerable amount of my base and have a some what large amount of resources in and around my base. 

Playing and enjoying your game on the Xbox one. 

I hope they are giving priority to solve the problem of perfomance and leave the game playable before fixing the small bugs = /

Slight update on crashing situation:

After the most recent patch, the game is more stable when moving, but still crashes after about 5-10 minutes of play. Analyzing the wait chain for the process, it looks like each thread of the game competes for priority, causing the entire game to lock up. I'm not sure about how to test this, but it's consistent.

I have no real frame drop while normal playing, frames goes down to 30 fps with a big base. But when i was driving far away from my base, visited some caves with the truck and than came back, I only had 15 fps. Reload helped a lot (back to 30). Only 4gb of my 16 gb ram were used (the memory load of the system was low/moderate  at the moment, less 50%) but I got the feeling this was a RAM issue.

I played 6 house in one turn, awesome game.

My System:

i5 4690, 3.5 GHz

16 GB Memeory

Game is installed on ssd

GTX980

Playing on Xbox One

Everything was good until i started building a lot more. After I made a rover it started to drop. but once I built a second base and connected them with tethers the frame rate drop a whole bunch. Really bad. Hope this can get worked out in an update. 

Playing on XBOX One

I'm experiencing all kinds of frame rate drops as well. I typically see them when driving around in the rover. They are pretty decent otherwise, but do seem to be related to the tethers in the more I have the worse it gets. 

Thank you guys so much for such a great game, it's been a blast so far!

oh sorry, there is a post with fps drop.
i have this:

after playing 2 hours, and no use tethers( This is the reason why tethers are not the problem ),  I started having low fps since I put research balls in the truck and get away from the base. (from 62 to 15!)
Every time I found a new research ball and placed it in the truck, or left it thrown and I was going, I was losing fps progressively.
the reason of low fps its in the truck or research ball after 2hs.

sorry my english. i speak spanish

Hello

Ive been playing for about 4 or 5 hours and I am kinda at a stand still in the game as any time I try to drive a vehicle the frame rate drops and the game becomes unplayable. I have had to shut the game down several times due to this happening.

Less serious I have a lot of textures popping in and out and am hopping to see the controlls optimised for the xbox one controller.

I am playing on the xbox one and really love this game excited to see it take shape.

So a friend and I have recently gotten this game.  I cant seem to join his game, but he can join mine.  Unfortunately when he does, my FPS drops from mid 40-50s to single digits.... can't seem to figure out why.

On Xbox one version.

When driving by my base camp in a Rover frame drop occurs increasingly until only the audio works.

My fps drops tremendously after using a vehicle or just playing for a prolonged period and it gets progressively worse as I play. But when I'm in my friends world I was doing fine while I watched him his character get really choppy or he was just lagging and he said he was also experiencing fps dropping. Also we both play on Xbox one 

I have an updated video on the FPS issues on Xbox One, be sure to check it out.

As the forum has been merged it may come across confusing for any that haven't been following this thread.

Game keeps running fluent, for the first few hours (I guess).

Experienced massive frame drops after terraforming around while making bridges between 2 gaps back to the home base.

Neither restarting the game, nor emptying RAM-Cache helped with this. Might be a big issue, if terraforming keeps causing this drops and we might end up getting it entirely removed, like how it happened with Subnautica (RIP).

Specs:

i5-4690K 4.50GHz

KFA² GTX 1070 HOF (+250MHz OC)

16GB SD-DDR3 RAM

Windows 10 Pro

Post above me, gerading "unknown objects in space", the X Y Z axis are misplaced. Those are objects from surrounding planets. They begin to glitch, no clue when, but they were "correct" at the beginning, showing where your ship floats around one planet, and where you have set your base already.

Edited by BluePanda

I haven't had a problems with this game till recent update (20th of December 2016). I played 25 hours already. Game never crashes.

My specs: i5-4570 @ 3.20 GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 760. Windows 7 SP1. Steam version, keyboard + mouse. Last hour I could describe as MASSIVE FRAME DROPS - no matter where I'm, what to do, accessing my backpack (Q) causing frame drops as well. Now the game is not playable at all.

I'm still on my first planet. Once habitat has been discovered, I create second base (quite far from my first one). Each base contains many elements, but the same elements or the almost same amount I had yesterday. Problems started couple hours ago, when I found "blueprint" for the crane. Then I noticed first frame drops, but after this was only worse. Couple hours ago I could access my backpack without frame drops.

4 hours ago, berny said:

My FPS drops when I look at these unknown objects at sky:

(Steam Version, Win10 Pro x64, 32GB RAM, i5 4670K, EVGA GTX 760 SC, running from SSD)

http://imgur.com/a/iaiS4

Screenshot 2016-12-17 23.50.06.png

Screenshot 2016-12-17 23.50.37.png

Screenshot 2016-12-18 00.11.35.png

its not a unknown objetc, it's just a satellite with main characters and gamesaves. I think its bugged

Playing on Xbox One

I have been able to recreate the issue of massive frame drop multiple times, specifically by removing a tether in the middle of a chain. 

When this happens, Character becomes disconnected from the tether line and I have to race back to the base and try to save game or die.

About half the time the system will catch up with itself, and return to normal. The other 50% it freezes up and leads to a fatal crash.

I can't edit my previous post. I've done a quick test. I started new game - everything working correctly - loading my save, massive frame drops again. Maybe will be helpful if I show my bases:

As I mentioned before - almost everything has been built yesterday. Today, after update I played well till crane "blueprint" has been found and vehicles created. Maybe is not a reason, but main difference is all three vehicles together Truck + Storage + Crane with Drill (third screen shot).

I'm using tethers, obviously because I cannot imagine exploring caves without them.

Base1.jpg

Base2.jpg

Vehicle.jpg

3 hours ago, BluePanda said:

Game keeps running fluent, for the first few hours (I guess).

Experienced massive frame drops after terraforming around while making bridges between 2 gaps back to the home base.

Neither restarting the game, nor emptying RAM-Cache helped with this. Might be a big issue, if terraforming keeps causing this drops and we might end up getting it entirely removed, like how it happened with Subnautica (RIP).

Specs:

i5-4690K 4.50GHz

KFA² GTX 1070 HOF (+250MHz OC)

16GB SD-DDR3 RAM

Windows 10 Pro

Post above me, gerading "unknown objects in space", the X Y Z axis are misplaced. Those are objects from surrounding planets. They begin to glitch, no clue when, but they were "correct" at the beginning, showing where your ship floats around one planet, and where you have set your base already.

Addition to this: *regarding, not gerading. Damn Swype ...

Latest NVIDIA Drivers (376.33 without NVIDIA Experience getting involved into rendering anything differently),

Steam (+beta branch),

no tethers used (call me a little beta-test-cheater, meh :P).

Edited by BluePanda