KeeblerOrc

So....Whats in a Story?..............

As the title says... "What's in a Story?"

This post is more intended for the Dev Team but as always everybody is welcome.......   I have excitedly watched the development of the game since April...... seen many changes some great some not so great and had tons of fun 700+ hours on steam acct...   Love most of what has been presented. 

I do see some huge problems in the relationship of story and technology. The game is Astroneer's...... A play on Astronaut and Pioneer..... OK ...I love it....... set in the 25th century....OK love that also.....  So we have a working base..... to start from.   Here is my problem, Both Astronauts and Pioneers didn't go anywhere without preparation..... I was talking to friends over the weekend about the game and found nobody had any real idea what the story was and those that played couldn't agree on anything as to Who/What/When/Why/Whatever.   I Hope the Story can get flushed out in detail soon as it is the premise of which that the technology and game mechanics hangs on.   It is my opinion that this is the Foundational basis that needs more explanation if your going to build a good game into a Great game.

25th Century and the game should reflect a vision of such..... I Believe many of us are wait for it like a good book we can delve into.

I'd like to see more of a backstory too. As suggested elsewhere, finding memory modules (data banks, or whatever you want to call them) on dead astroneers would be a good way to reveal the big picture. And provide incentive to explore more caves for more dead astroneers and more story.

As always, there is a story to this game. You are an entrepreneur going into space to make your fortune. I understand people's desire for a narrative, but does this game really need one? I wouldn't mind if the dead Astroneers had data logs on them or something of the sort talking about how their exploration was going, and maybe it would have a beacon location for their ruined base with a few resources. But just being an entrepreneur is enough story to go on. The game has very little in it that suggests a story. The only thing that leaves me completely confused is why Sputnik is in a cave on some random planet. But, as always, if people want a story, then suggest away. That's just my take on the thought.