Where did the forests go ?

Igor M

Is it me or forests are gone in the 182 release ? I can not find any on Terran nor on Exotic planets.

If they are removed, that's a pity. Mushroom forests were gorgeous. Without them the Exotic planet is quite dull and sometimes annoying with its weird surface.

I'm new to the game and started after 182 but I had seen videos of Exotic and was excited to go there. I agree, that it seems dull. I landed in about 4 different spots and and none of them seemed too exciting. It's probably my least favorite planet as is now. But my Terran has what I guess you could consider a forest. There's a bunch of trees, they are just scattered so I'm not sure how dense they used to be before 182.

8 hours ago, Igor M said:

Is it me or forests are gone in the 182 release ? I can not find any on Terran nor on Exotic planets.

If they are removed, that's a pity. Mushroom forests were gorgeous. Without them the Exotic planet is quite dull and sometimes annoying with its weird surface.

I've encountered a couple of forests since 182 dropped. I think the frequency of trees has been lowered, resulting in forests bing less likely to appear.

ya  still forests, but quite a bit less research on them and they seem to be farther apart.  just gotta drive around a bit you will find them. maybe eventually they can streamline the game a little more so more objects load further out, would help in locating objects further away without having to get right on top of them before they load. not a complaint just a wish, it's pre alpha ;)

before forests used to be... thicker? Now trees spawn in clumps. sometimes a few bunches will spawn together and create a pseudo-forest. 

Mushroom forests do, indeed, exist. the current exotic world I'm on had those mushroom forests in the 6 locations I've touched down on. You just have to get lucky on terrain gen. Unfortunately, the last tundra world was 90% that ugly red terrain and 10% actual snow.

My current Terran has no trees.... Not A Single One. Well, as far as I can tell anyway (about 20 shuttle drops to various different dropzones so far)

This makes getting some of those research as little more.... challenging. I really hate doing 75% of the game without any storage racks. :(

19 hours ago, Vicomt said:

My current Terran has no trees.... Not A Single One. Well, as far as I can tell anyway (about 20 shuttle drops to various different dropzones so far)

This makes getting some of those research as little more.... challenging. I really hate doing 75% of the game without any storage racks. :(

on terran there are definitely less trees. My last world had a couple sparse forests. This run has zero trees. That, however, was balanced out by the fact that exotic was overflowing with mushrooms, thankfully.

I believe once the game gets optimized they will be able to bring back the Exotic Forests I fell in love with when I first bought the game...... I hope!