I love building underground, and I know other people do too. So here's my proposal:

• We have lights that can be hung from ceilings, mounted on walls, etc.
  • Their color can be died using a specific terrain analyzer color (Making that augment far more desirable) (And the attachment of the augment can only be done using another special tool that could be added to the game)
  • They must be connected to a power source, although they don't have to actually draw any power. There simply has to be power present in the system for them to function.
  • Their wiring only shows up when you're placing another item that attaches to the power grid, or when you're holding aforementioned special tool.
  • If they had a brightness setting that could, again, be adjusted using the special tool.

I personally think this would give the game a much cooler feel, especially if there were industrial wall lights, construction lights to set on the ground, spotlights, simple hanging lamps, etc. It would provide much greater expression, and make the terrain analyzer augment more used. I can only hope my suggestion will be considered.

May you make your fortune out in space

- A fellow astroneer

Great idea! (Although I think this has technically been suggested before) I would love to be able to really decorate and customize my base with some cool lights. Maybe there could be a small light printed from the backpack, and a larger flood light made at the large printer. A spotlight could even become an option to add on to your vehicles. It comes with a seat that allows a player to sit in and move the spotlight around (providing a moving light for the driver of the rover). A new augment/tool that could be used to place wiring and lights (and possibly more "redstone" like circuitry) would be pretty sweet as well. 

4 minutes ago, TayTayBerryman said:

Great idea! (Although I think this has technically been suggested before) I would love to be able to really decorate and customize my base with some cool lights. Maybe there could be a small light printed from the backpack, and a larger flood light made at the large printer. A spotlight could even become an option to add on to your vehicles. It comes with a seat that allows a player to sit in and move the spotlight around (providing a moving light for the driver of the rover). A new augment/tool that could be used to place wiring and lights (and possibly more "redstone" like circuitry) would be pretty sweet as well. 

Glad to see other people like the idea. I looked around for another suggestion of something like this, and I didn't see one, so I went ahead with posting it.

The vehicle spotlight is a good idea, especially if it can be rotated and raised/lowered without getting out of the seat. Will make driving and spotting resources much easier.