Bitwalker

Objects can not be docked to the Cargo Rack when mounted on the shuttle

it happens on the space buggy to. oh just read your update your right the only time it works is when its connect to the smelter. and it works good when your smelting items it will automatically fill up the storage container.

Edited by B1uRrFaC3

I've experienced this intermittently. I've had instances where I could put items directly on a storage mounted to a vehicle, and other instances where I couldn't interact with the storage unless i removed it from a vehicle.  I've always been able to interact with the storage on a platform so far.

Maybe an Xbox only issue or specific to your game, but I can connect items to my storage units on rover or ships without any issues.

Using Steam Ver.

Definitely not an Xbox issue as it happens with me on PC, it could be something to do with fixing things onto the ship using the vehicle bay like the seat itself, that seems to cause certain issues especially if you build the vehicle storage on and then place big ojects on it, it can make the ship fall over when it's just stood there in the vehicle bay.

@Martin does the rover you have have a permanently fixed seat on it built in the vehicle bay or does it use one built in the printer or found in a wreckage? just a guess of what might be causing problems.

Report:

Bug / UI

System:

XBox1

Severity Level:

Moderate

Game Version (Build):

0.2.10073.0 (Current as of 12/19/16)

Planet:

All Tested

Number of players in Game:

1 or 2

Level of Development:

Any (Not effected by Base/Vehicle Development Level)

Description:

I have also noticed when you place the Printer Fabricated Storage unit and attach it to a vehicle it deploys in the folded up position and you are unable to place Items on it while attached.

If you place it on a Small Hub it is in the folded position and you are unable to place Items on it.

If you place it on the Ground it is in the folded position and is able to have items placed on it.

If it is attached to a Large workstation it Unfolds Flat and you are able to place Items on it and the workstation is able to swap resources it needs that you place there to build Items.

Not sure why you would want to but if you attach it to the Crane Hook it also is unable to be placed upon by items and is in the folded position.

How  to Re-create problem if known:

Seems to be how the Part Generally Functions but don't believe it was intentional

Screenshots:

None

6 minutes ago, Martin said:

It's a fixed seat.  Built in bay.

Hmm...have you tried it with the truck 

6 minutes ago, Nafen said:

Hmm...have you tried it with the truck 

Let me goto the moon and find my truck, i'd need to build one otherwise.

It could be related to a corruption with the storage slot of the actual vehicle/save.  But are you using controller or KB/mouse? Shouldn't make a difference really, but you never know.

I know that I've had trouble with placing items in certain slots on a vehicles' storage rack on different saves but my current single player world works fine with my current rover.