A better tutorial? Or a tutorial mission?

Doktor_KlingeL

It is maybe because I lack common knowledge but I need a (better) tutorial for my part.

For example I have played for 5 hours and I have no clue how to geht a vehicle,  or what the vehiclebay is for (since I can not interact with it).

Maybe a tutorial mission of anykind could be usefull for some players like me :D

What do you suggest? I was thinking about it and I feel it might be interesting if when we put the mouse over the name of a construction before constructing it appeared written what the construction does but at the same time I do not know if it would combine with the style Of the game that, for me, is a "go discovering things while playing creating and seeing what they do".

Hmm what if the Astroneers had an Astroneers Manual? Or a tool which gives a various amount of information about technology or materials if needed (like what it is or where it can be used etc.). The information could be obtained after scanning a material beforehand.

And this tool could be only be obtained by crafting it. So the discovery aspect is not only there but also would be enhanced.

PS:

It could also scan shipwrecks to tell a little bit of story maybe? Getting blueprints this way could also be very exciting.

4 hours ago, Doktor_KlingeL said:

Hmm what if the Astroneers had an Astroneers Manual? Or a tool which gives a various amount of information about technology or materials if needed (like what it is or where it can be used etc.). The information could be obtained after scanning a material beforehand.

And this tool could be only be obtained by crafting it. So the discovery aspect is not only there but also would be enhanced.

PS:

It could also scan shipwrecks to tell a little bit of story maybe? Getting blueprints this way could also be very exciting.

Both those ideas sound great to me. I wish there was a bit more story but the game is definitely fun

4 hours ago, Doktor_KlingeL said:

Or a tool which gives a various amount of information about technology or materials if needed (like what it is or where it can be used etc.). The information could be obtained after scanning a material beforehand.

PS:

I really like the both ideas!

3 minutes ago, Rolvaag said:

I wish there was a bit more story

I don't know if it will happen, doesn't sound like Astroneer at least for now.

17 hours ago, Rolvaag said:

Both those ideas sound great to me. I wish there was a bit more story but the game is definitely fun

17 hours ago, Leomelati said:

I really like the both ideas!

Thank you :D

The scanner could also double the amount of mined ressources. Like if you obtain information about an ore through scanning it beforehand it will increase the amount of ores or ressources you can get. This could also be applied for researching. For example you get more valuable stuff if you scan the "Unkown" thing before researching it. The scan could tell you beforehand if you get a material or blueprint out of this "Unkown" thing.

Please make tutorials and tipps selectable. So that i can disable or skip them on anytime i want. :o

It gives me so much fun to discover everything on my own without a ki who explains everything to me. If this happens i can quit game and think.. its all done. :(

I like this idea but I am going to offer a "counter argument" - One of the things I am finding really frustrating yet satisfying is the Dark Souls like of the community figuring out what some of the items we can make/find are used for. Not knowing has led to experimentation when I play the game and just adds another layer of depth. I started looking things up but I'm opting to figure it out.

51 minutes ago, Nedyahwerd said:

I like this idea but I am going to offer a "counter argument" - One of the things I am finding really frustrating yet satisfying is the Dark Souls like of the community figuring out what some of the items we can make/find are used for. Not knowing has led to experimentation when I play the game and just adds another layer of depth. I started looking things up but I'm opting to figure it out.

Honestly, yeah, I like figuring things out. Maybe the information doesn't hand it to you but points you in the right direction. It's a hard balance to strike

Archived