Sign in to follow this  
SES_Adam

Game doesn't starts!

Specs

As Well

I want to play but when you can only last rarly up to 10min and more common is less than that and your not able to save as it freezes to death >.< 

It sucks especially when you love the game so much 

if there anything i can do plz let me know thank you

Screenshot_1.png

I'v found a problem with my game. When I load the game, it loads up, plays the System Era animation, and then the screen is just blank after that, even if I let it sit 30 minutes. When this animation stops, is also when the steam overlay comes up. So I decided to disable the steam overlay for this game. Loading the game again IT GOT PAST this animation, however it then started an endless loop of trying to open steamVR, until I finally had enough and closed astro-Win64-Shipping.exe.

Attached are a screenshot of dxdiag and what the window looks like after the above mentioned game started (when steam overlay is up).

12-19-2016 9-35-53 AM.png

12-19-2016 9-50-15 AM.png

For the players with freezes, have you tested this?

if i start a new game and dont extend my habitat i have no freezes and can play for one hour and more. (i only mined for compound to get tethers, so i can explore the planet).

Once i start to extend my habitat, i get the "normal" freezes after random time.

Its not really a workaround, but might help the devs to find a solution.

I have the steam version (0.2.100.0) and i play with mouse+keyboard.

Windows 10 (Xbox play anywhere) 

We decided to build up a base that consisted of absolutely no tethers due to their ability to cause so many issues.

- massive frame rate drops when rover and trucks connect

- frame drops when reconnecting disconnected tethers from a larger network

- frame drops from having a larger network

and when doing so, we experienced a LOT less issues. 2 player multiplayer, went on for about 5 hours , no issues at all... until.

- my buddy tabbed into a rover seat just as I went to remove it, he ended up stuck in the seat forever as I couldn't pick it back up with him in it. (He was hosting so he couldn't just simply re-log)

So we started a new game... hours gone by and no issues... until

- we built a wench and connected it to something... frame drops

- rebooted the game after disconnecting and it corrupted the save. Unable to load. 

- New game. Hours gone by. I re-join his game after some dinner and I'm unable to pick up some items that are snapped or laying on the ground. As well as unable to place copper or aluminum ore on the smelter. 

Seemed like some kind of clipping issue with the resin requirement on the small "hubs" 

the stuff on the ground, no idea. Had space in my pack and it had just popped out of my gun sometimes even.

Multiple space ships tend to land on one another when flying to the same area and the crane+drill bit has a really hard time in caves. It kept trying to stick the drill bit in my face or detach it while attempting to mine with it. Very finicky. 

AMD 8320 processor

24gb ram

1080 nvidia graphics card.

no apparent hardware related issues. 

If you guys need a bug tester on windows or Xbox let me know... I am playing the crap out of this game.  ? 

Good work so far guys!

gamertag: BOREDGONEWILD 

Edited by BoredGoneWild

9 minutes ago, BoredGoneWild said:

New game. Hours gone by. I re-join his game after some dinner and I'm unable to pick up some items that are snapped or laying on the ground. As well as unable to place copper or aluminum ore on the smelter. 

Seemed like some kind of clipping issue with the resin requirement on the small "hubs" 

the stuff on the ground, no idea. Had space in my pack and it had just popped out of my gun sometimes even.

I know of two of these issues from multiplayer but totally forgot to post them.

1. Sometimes when expanding the base with resin, the clients connected to a multiplayer game will still see the 'ghost image' of 2 Resin to show that the node can be built up into a building, even if it already has 2 of more extensions coming from it. This seems to make it so that any items in the storage slot that still has the Resin silhouette things on it can't be grabbed.
  2. This is exactly as you said, items that have dropped out of your gun because of 'backpack full' will be unable to be picked up by clients, maybe also host but haven't tested it thoroughly as I was alone in a deep cave at the time.

18 hours ago, skywalker993 said:

Are there different places to go to discuss different platforms? Xbox One is also experiencing tremendous framerate issues that result in input lag and inability to continue the game (O2 doesn't connect to buildings or tethers, so I just run out of O2 and die).

I have noticed this. It's kind of hectic once the lag kicks up. Maybe because of the number of tethers that I place. 

Anyone looking for a Format to report Issues can feel free to use and modify what me and my friends use. To many times "Bug Reports' consist of "It won't work anymore" or "My guys stuff was lost" with no details on what platform or idea what they were doing at the time makes it hard for others to share their input and for developers to know enough to do anything.

If the Devs, Moderators, or Fans reporting Bugs have any heading modifications for the list below please share with me directly not in this thread.

Just Copy and Paste the list and delete what doesn't apply to your report and add your description.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reporting:

Bug / Glitch / UI

System:

PC / XBox1

Description:

How  to Re-create problem if known:

Screenshots:

Place Purchased:

Steam / XB1 / Other (Please Specify)

Severity Level:

Minor / Moderate / Severe / Game Breaking

Game Version (Build):

Planet:

Terran / Barren / Exotic / Irradiated / Tundra / Other (Please Specify)

Number of players in Game:

Level of Development (Vehicle Count, Base Size):

To find this Template Click here..

Another thing I found... putting more than one small storage on top of the large truck storage causes the truck to behave erratically. 

On a side not, the truck is barely powerful enough to move another truck with 2 large storage builds onto of it or 1 storage and a crane. Wouldn't pull it up a decent incline.

Edited by BoredGoneWild

when i go to launch game it says allow game launch and then says something about windowed or full screen parameters. if i press okay it just says it again and if i hit cancel i cant play astroneer

I built a storage unit hoping to add it to my shuttle.  Sadly it did not fit(would have been nice if it would have stopped me from making it).  Now It is sitting beside the vehicle bay.  Do i just need to bury it or can i move it onto another trailer somewhere?

Also i have had several crashes in both multiplayer and single player.  It seems to revolve a lot around storms and dying .  Onetime my vehicle floated away and i got in and the game crashed.  Also once the game starts crashing if you happened to have died or saved the game at the moment of the crash(which happened to me twice) the game will no longer play.  Every time you go into the game it will crash.  I have one save right now that I cannot enter because my vehicle started floating and I got in (which saved the game) after which it crashed.

storagedoesntfit.png

I reported the freezing issue as well (Freezes between 10 and 15 minutes ). I joined the experimental Brench. Now the Game crashes to Desktop ( no freezing ) with an Unreal error message. I am playing the game on STEAM. ( Mostly with graphical artefacts. ) Are there some Workarounds for this issue?

Here are my spec's. ( in German )

Computerinformationen:
    Hersteller: ASUS
    Modell: All Series
    Formfaktor: Desktop
    Touch-Eingabe erkannt

Prozessor:
    CPU-Hersteller: GenuineIntel
    CPU-Marke: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    CPU-Familie: 0x6
    CPU-Modell: 0x3c
    CPU-Stepping: 0x3
    CPU-Typ: 0x0
    Geschwindigkeit: 3498 MHz
    8 logische Prozessoren
    4 technische Prozessoren
    HyperThreading:  Unterstützt
    FCMOV:  Unterstützt
    SSE2:  Unterstützt
    SSE3:  Unterstützt
    SSSE3:  Unterstützt
    SSE4a:  Nicht unterstützt
    SSE41:  Unterstützt
    SSE42:  Unterstützt
    AES: Unterstützt
    AVX: Unterstützt
    CMPXCHG16B: Unterstützt
    LAHF/SAHF: Unterstützt
    PrefetchW: Unterstützt

Betriebssystem:
    Windows 10 (64 Bit)

Grafikkarte:
    Treiber: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
    DirectX-Treibername: nvd3dum.dll
    Treiberversion: 21.21.13.7633
    DirectX-Treiberversion: 21.21.13.7633
    Treiberdatum: 11.Dez..2016
    OpenGL-Version: 4.5
    Desktopfarbtiefe: 32 Bit per Pixel
    Monitor-Aktualisierungsrate: 60 Hz
    DirectX-Karte: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
    Anzahl der logischen Grafikkarten: 2
    Kein SLI oder Crossfire entdeckt
    Primärer Bus: PCI Express 16x
    Primärer VRAM: 3071 MB

Speicher:
    RAM: 12226 MB

4 hours ago, Mordread said:

For the players with freezes, have you tested this?

if i start a new game and dont extend my habitat i have no freezes and can play for one hour and more. (i only mined for compound to get tethers, so i can explore the planet).

Once i start to extend my habitat, i get the "normal" freezes after random time.

Its not really a workaround, but might help the devs to find a solution.

I have the steam version (0.2.100.0) and i play with mouse+keyboard.

yes i have. the game now freezes between the time i get out of the pod, and the time i get back from mining compound. no tethers or expansion involved. mouse+keyboard, i got -NOSOUND on, Steam version (opted into tether beta so whatever version build that is). I can't find a single work around.