Sign in to follow this  
SES_Adam

Game doesn't starts!

Hello! As I mentioned on our blog recently we're seeing a lot of traffic right now with some incredible bug reporting from the community. Thank you so much to everyone taking the time to report any problems they're experiencing with Astroneer.

Since the traffic is so high right now we wanted to point out a lot of the known issues of the game on Steam, Xbox, and Windows 10 Store versions of teh game. If you're experiencing any of the issues below rest assured they are on our radar and we're working hard to improve them.

1. Any issues preventing users from playing at all:
    • Issues installing MS VC++2015 redistributables
    • Crash-on-launch problems. Most now fixed, a few users still reporting these. Windows Store has been delayed in being updated, will be updated next week (week of Dec 19).
  2. Issues with loading saved games causing a crash
  3. Severe framerate loss or frequent freezes reported by a subset of users.
    • Multiple culprits being investigated and fixed:
      • Tethers
      • Audio-related perf issues
      • AMD specific issues
  4. Significant framerate performance degradation through long play sessions or after loading old saves.

EDIT: I'll be removing any replies that are not specific to these issues. If you're curious about other bugs, your best bet is to report them in the forum.

Are there different places to go to discuss different platforms? Xbox One is also experiencing tremendous framerate issues that result in input lag and inability to continue the game (O2 doesn't connect to buildings or tethers, so I just run out of O2 and die).

Edited by skywalker993

Right now its just the one community for both users. The good news is the issues we're aware of are affecting both platforms and therefore both will be addressed. I'll update the post so it clarifies that I mean Steam AND Xbox.

18 minutes ago, SES_Adam said:

Right now its just the one community for both users. The good news is the issues we're aware of are affecting both platforms and therefore both will be addressed. I'll update the post so it clarifies that I mean Steam AND Xbox.

Thank you, You don't understand my pain. xD

For users with the same issue I had. Any movement of character or camera causes massive frame loss on steam go into game properties and set launch option "-nosound". It worked as it was a sound related issue and hopefully it's a temp fix for you too.

I played the trial in the windowns and had no problems, when I bought the version of the steam, I started the problems of freezing. I have tested everything, decrease resolution, do not put cordoons, and still freezes. I logged email with logs and dxdiag to help, I hope they can solve. Congratulations on the project!

I reported a bug which caused an UE4 crash on startup. I managed to find out that this is caused by a graphics driver issue related to laptops with both Nvidia card and Intel graphics. Nvidia Optimus appears to stop working correct if the standard Nvidia Driver is used instead of the laptop manufacturer specific Nvidia driver.

When I installed the MSI driver the game appears to work. After a driver update the game refuses to start again. This time not with an UE4 error but the games process in the task manager changes to inactive.

Hope it helps somehow

On topic:

The other day I was hosting the game and playing with a couple friends when my FPS became very, very sluggish.

It happened a little after one of my friends drove the truck quite a far way away from our base to explore for science. I looked at my task manager and Astro-Win64-Shipping.exe was showing nearly 8,000,000K memory usage, but my friends checked there's and didn't even see this process just Astro.exe which was using much, much less memory.

Also my friend had the truck completely disappear into thin air as he was driving it, maybe this caused the memory spike and the FPS dropss for me?

Off topic:

Is this the real Adam? In a locked post I noticed that you posted

'Ha! Thats an intersting bug. I'll be sure that @SES_Adam and @SES_Brendan see this. Adam'

That really confused me :P 

I posted several threads about constant freezing, but sometimes it happens less than a minute into a game, as opposed to after longer play sessions. By less than a minute, i mean starting a new game entirely. Is this also something you're looking into?

Wanted to post a frame rate drop for me with as much detail as I could.

Running GeForce 1070 with latest drivers
4k res in the game
i76700k
16GB Ram

Ran beautifully all through the trial (from windows store). Bought it and had a bit of frame rate issues after a bit of play (30 mins in). Restarted and was fine. Had to do this a couple times. Finally built a rover and the game is unplayable at any resolution. Frame rate drops are so bad.

Thoughts. It could be the number of tethers I have in the world and the number of built stations I have versus what I had in the trial. But it almost seemed like running in the rover was too much for it.

Love the game so far. Want to keep playing. :)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reports. I read every crash dump and email you send to the support@ alias. When posting here, please be sure to mention which build number you last experienced the issue with.

Ok, Upon launching game I'm prompted to install MS VC 2015 C++
I went through the process, no change. Repeatedly asks me to install C++ , to no avail of course haha.
Not sure what to do at this point. Hope someone can help. 

Windows 8.1

Dual GeForce GT 755M
Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
8 GB RAM

44 minutes ago, bipster said:

Wanted to post a frame rate drop for me with as much detail as I could.

Running GeForce 1070 with latest drivers
4k res in the game
i76700k
16GB Ram

Ran beautifully all through the trial (from windows store). Bought it and had a bit of frame rate issues after a bit of play (30 mins in). Restarted and was fine. Had to do this a couple times. Finally built a rover and the game is unplayable at any resolution. Frame rate drops are so bad.

Thoughts. It could be the number of tethers I have in the world and the number of built stations I have versus what I had in the trial. But it almost seemed like running in the rover was too much for it.

Love the game so far. Want to keep playing. :)

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to edit. Not sure i can.

Could you please specify which build number you'd like us to report? @SES_Brendan. My Windows Store shows: 0.2.10072.2 but my game shows 0.2.10072.0.  I boot the game by loading the store and pressing play from there.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Murkshade said:

Ok, Upon launching game I'm prompted to install MS VC 2015 C++
I went through the process, no change. Repeatedly asks me to install C++ , to no avail of course haha.
Not sure what to do at this point. Hope someone can help. 

Windows 8.1

Dual GeForce GT 755M
Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
8 GB RAM

<3

i report crash yesterday.(in my time)

today me and my friends make new game.

and it start again.. we use steam.

press the launch button > seems like join > after 2~4 seconds crashed

and the landing pot multiply..

2 guest join the game after crash then there are 3 landing pot.. never removed..

1.PNG

8 hours ago, SES_Adam said:

3. Severe framerate loss or frequent freezes reported by a subset of users.

• Multiple culprits being investigated and fixed:
    • Tethers
    • Audio-related perf issues
    • AMD specific issues

EDIT: I'll be removing any replies that are not specific to these issues. If you're curious about other bugs, your best bet is to report them in the forum.

Hi @SES_Adam,

I'm getting hit pretty hard by the freezing bug (game locks hard after 2 seconds - 15 minutes, sound continues) even with -nosound on an ASUS laptop with an Intel HD4400, so AFAIK no AMD hardware involved. Just thought I'd mention this, since it might stop you going off down a debugging rabbit hole?

Edited by AnthonyB

Here's an under the terrain glitch that easily recreated by editing terrain and adding it around you, it pushes you under the terrain, if you do this make sure you go to the top in order not to die I went down and died in my cave

glich11.jpg

Greetings,

I've bought ASTRONEER via Steam installed it... I tried to start but I need 3rd software which I've installed too but with a 2nd try to start the game there were a message to install the software again and if I try to, I can uninstall or close the window, but I can't start the Game.

Best Regards

MisterJS

14 hours ago, skywalker993 said:

Are there different places to go to discuss different platforms? Xbox One is also experiencing tremendous frame rate issues that result in input lag and inability to continue the game (O2 doesn't connect to buildings or tethers, so I just run out of O2 and die).

Same issue with me pm Xbox One. I was playing and all was fine. I came back to the game after loading it back up after a few hours and the frame rate was horrific. I died twice because of it. I started to remove tethers in caves I won't be visiting anytime soon but that was a futile effort since it took so long to do the process. I would get bogged down for a minute or two before the frame rate improved enough to move again. Hope it gets fixed this game is super relaxing and fun. I may try to load it up as a play anywhere and see if the PC runs it better.

Thanks for your feedback!

Your issue is most likely related to one of the known issues that are being addressed (it sounds like the issue with installing the MS VC++2015 redistributables) . Please take a look at this thread and check if your issue is included: 

If so, please reply there while providing as much information as you can. E.g. your specs, Windows version etc.

I've been looking through the Bugs + Crashes forum, and what's needed is a list of bugs that are already well known. I keep seeing the the same list of bugs (disconnected tethers, trucks glitching when resarchable items are placed on them, dislocated backpack items after reload, etc.) being reported over and over again. If such a list existed, you could refer to it in the "read this first" thread, and keep the forum a lot more usable. I was hoping this topic had such a list (because of the title), but alas.

Of course, all this bug reporting only happens because so many people care about your game (me included).

Edited by forthur
Fixed = to +

Just saying I have number 4 and it really sucks when you can't save

Also just to mention if crafting in backpack and leaving back pack befor it's done crashes