Sign in to follow this  
Sprutnums

Multiplayer through steam.

is there any easy way to play co-op multiplayer through steam?

I've tried multiple solutions to get it to work but i cant connect to my mates game

Yes, you simply join or invite people using the Steam session management (basically just click on them in your friends list and click "Join game" or "Invite to game").

Edited by Wyvyrias

1 minute ago, Wyvyrias said:

Yes, you simply join or invite people using the Steam session management (basically just click on them in your friends list and click "Join game" or "Invite to game").

I've tried this multiple times. With the game running - no luck. With the game closed - no luck (this just made the game open and then i could only exit through task manager).

Just now, Sprutnums said:

I've tried this multiple times. With the game running - no luck. With the game closed - no luck (this just made the game open and then i could only exit through task manager).

Have you checked your firewall? Otherwise this may be a bug and worth reporting on: http://forum.systemera.net/forum/2-astroneer-bugs-crashes/

Personally I had no issues at all, but I did allow the game a free path in the firewall.

Coop game setup that works for Steam:

1. Host launches game, selects desired char and loads world

2. When game/world is fully loaded host invites friend which is not ingame (or friend selects 'join game' from host via steamchat context menu).

3. Friend accepts invite, game launches, selects character and you will be dropped next to the host's ship when the world is loaded.

4. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Tao said:

Coop game setup that works for Steam:

1. Host launches game, selects desired char and loads world

2. When game/world is fully loaded host invites friend which is not ingame (or friend selects 'join game' from host via steamchat context menu).

3. Friend accepts invite, game launches, selects character and you will be dropped next to the host's ship when the world is loaded.

4. Enjoy!

This. There seems to be a bug when you select "join game" rather than accepting their invite.  As long as they invite you, you should be fine. It's incredibly buggy though.

19 minutes ago, mikeyk99 said:

Can W10 version team up with Steam players at the time being?

No, cross-play will be supported between the Windows 10 version and the Xbox One version at some point, but Steam users are on their own.