Sign in to follow this  
SES_joe

The Last Six Months & The Future

Adam just posted a rather insightful blog post, taking a look back at the last six months, as well as outlining some stuff for Astroneer in the future! 

READ IT HERE: http://bit.ly/2rgg0CL

Very good information. It sounds like the team is running smoothly and eager to work towards a fantastic game.

happy to see a updated road map and more bug fixes, didnt notice anything about streaming stuff but i would love to see you guys stream on youtube in the future, love watching the streams

Really good post ! 

Is there any chance of getting more "podcasts" ? I really loved/miss them !

Great open and transparent post, thanks SES! And I have to say that you all are doing a great job, like it. Sorry that we (users) brought you a bit in trouble mentioning too much wishes and complaining about bugs in this pre-alpha state. However, from my side I really like that you do take the inputs from the community serious. Even if not all things can be included in the game one can see that you take care of what people talk about here and this makes us feel that you really want to work together with the pre-alpha testers. That's pretty cool and not common!

And I'm with @dgolan, I liked the podcasts as well. Maybe some short episodes about different aspects of the game you are currently working on or some comments of the team members would be great. Well, of course, increased expectations could arise if you do so. On the other hand these would be some candy's for the players to bring the anticipation to a new level while waiting for the next patch ;).

Whatever you do, stay as you are and keep communicating the way you did, it is great!

All best from my side! 

I too really appreciate the openness and enjoy the streams and blogs. It is encouraging to see further recruitment taking place that will strengthen the game and expand its content.

I would like to see something with regards to quality assurance planned. With such a big user base now, even in pre-alpha, some testing before releasing should take place. With the 3-4 week planned release cycle it still leaves a large number of players facing several weeks with a potentially unplayable or curtailed game experience due to some bug that becomes apparent after a certain amount of gameplay.

I can only imagine where the game will be in another six months and look forward to playing the new and improved versions that come out.

It's epic to see such a great dev team behind such a great game! It's inspiring really, to see how much you all care about the game and its development, because so many other dev teams crumble under pressure. Thank you all so much for continuing to work hard (despite the extra hurdles with the game being pre-alpha)!

Haven't said anything anywhere else, but yep, podcasts are in the works, as well as some random streams with the team. I might start just streaming once a week as a way to keep in touch but also field questions!

Good post! Also just read the updated roadmap. I'm looking forward to playing the finished game. Should have lots of good content. One thing I was missing in both posts however was a timeline. How much time do you think you'll spend until the game is good enough for a 1.0 release? Obviously it's not going to be 3 months. But are you thinking a year, or more like 3 years? Maybe you could put a rough number into your next blog post?