Hey,

I am playing on the windows app version of the game (wouldn't usually but is so i can play with a friend(if we were actually able to play together withought dropping out :-P)). Have windows 10 pro, Intel i7 processor and 16gb of ram. Anyway, I ended up playing the game all the way through the night, and through the morning, building a massive tunnel, underground base, and such. I was saving throughout, as using vehicles, and checking into bases occasionally. Then the game eventually started to get really laggy, so i headed back to a base to save, and then closed the game through the menu, left the computer for a bit, then have just returned. When i then loaded the game up, the save file was dated yesterday, but i thought this may be due to when i started the game, so i loaded it up, and it was at a point i had saved the game last night, since which i had done allot. So i checked the save file location, and it shows that the save files have not been modified since 1830 last night. Have i lost everything i did? Also how do i find out how this happened, so i can play again knowing the game will save my progress...

Cheers,

Sam.

x x

As an update, tried again earlier, the save seemed to work the first time, so i stated building something, was getting a fair way through so wanted to check it was saving, saved in both a vehicle and shuttle before closing the game through the menu. Lovely game though so ill keep persisting...

Maybe leave off the megga structures for now...

:-)

Same thing happened to me.  On Xbox if I try to save starting from the corrupted save, it just makes a grinding noise and crashes.  Starting from the same save file, if I do something and save in Win10, it says that it is saving, but it does not actually save.  I can't make any progress on it.  I've moved to another save world so that I can keep playing, but I'd like to continue from where I was - lots of time devoted to that thread.